Thread: Open carry etiquette with a horizontal shoulder holster

Question Open carry etiquette with a horizontal shoulder holster

Purchasing a Tagua OWB RH holster soon for everyday carry. Being given a shoulder holster that I plan on using CC when I drive Limo. What is the etiquette on going OC with this holster??

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech67 View Post
    Purchasing a Tagua OWB RH holster soon for everyday carry. Being given a shoulder holster that I plan on using CC when I drive Limo. What is the etiquette on going OC with this holster??
    There's no real etiquette. Some people oppose OCing with a horizontal shoulder because your muzzle is pointing at anyone that is behind you. Most people don't want to be standing behind someone with a gun pointed at them. For that reason a lot of folks OC using a vertical shoulder holster. Be cognizant of that and make your decision. Hope this helps.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm not a big fan of any holster that causes a person to cross their body when drawing. Its all about muzzle control and awareness.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Tried a verticle holster I am to broad to reach my weapon when I use it. Soooo glad it was free. The Tagua is very comfortable definitely going to use this for OC. Trying to figure out how to CC when I drive Limo. Dress pants tend to fall down with to much stuff on the belt IF they have a belt. Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    There's no real etiquette. Some people oppose OCing with a horizontal shoulder because your muzzle is pointing at anyone that is behind you. Most people don't want to be standing behind someone with a gun pointed at them. For that reason a lot of folks OC using a vertical shoulder holster. Be cognizant of that and make your decision. Hope this helps.
    +1 (and I very rarely do that)
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-05-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Jenny Craig. . just teasing. As the others said no etiquette other than don't draw on someone. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech67 View Post
    Tried a verticle holster I am to broad to reach my weapon when I use it. Soooo glad it was free. The Tagua is very comfortable definitely going to use this for OC. Trying to figure out how to CC when I drive Limo. Dress pants tend to fall down with to much stuff on the belt IF they have a belt. Any ideas??
    Are suspenders an option for your dress code?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

If you're going to OC with a shoulder holster us a vertical one not a horizontal. I know pro gun and pro carry people who are against horizontal shoulder holsters because the gun is being pointed at other people.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436