Thread: New to AZ

New to AZ

Hey guys. I am new to AZ. Moved here from California.

I had a question. I lost my firearm rights in CA. Would that transfer to AZ? If a LEO runs my license will he be able to see that? According to a few lawyers I have called and asked, it does not transfer to Az. Can anyone help me on that? I would like to open carry but want to make sure it is legal before I do it.

How did you lose your rights?

I carried a firearm when I was no supposed to. That was about 5 years ago. I am in the process of restoring my rights at this moment. The lawyer said it might take a few months.
    Last edited by alandjabiev; 02-05-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alandjabiev View Post
    I carried a firearm when I was no supposed to....
    That's probably not enough information. What was the actual charge, to include the state or local law, or US Code that you broke?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    That's probably not enough information. What was the actual charge, to include the state or local law, or US Code that you broke?
    I am not sure of the code. It was in California and the charge was possession of a concealed firearm by a minor.

Is there anyway I can check if I am considered a "prohibited possessor" in Arizona?
    Last edited by alandjabiev; 02-05-2012 at 11:51 PM.

I'd recommend hiring an attorney to deal with this rather than looking for answers on Internet forums.

However, ARS 13-3101.A.7 defines "prohibited possessor" and from what you said, it sounds like at least A.7(b) applies to you. You also mentioned that you were a juvenile when this happened? Do juvenile crimes carry over when you reach 21. You need to hire and attorney to resolve this.

I am not an attorney and I don't play one on TV.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    I'd recommend hiring an attorney to deal with this rather than looking for answers on Internet forums.

However, ARS 13-3101.A.7 defines "prohibited possessor" and from what you said, it sounds like at least A.7(b) applies to you. You also mentioned that you were a juvenile when this happened? Do juvenile crimes carry over when you reach 21. You need to hire and attorney to resolve this.

I am not an attorney and I don't play one on TV.

Fred
    Thank you. I actually got with an attorney today. Thank you for the help.