• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spidey senses tingling outside of Narrows Plaza bowling alley

sempercarry

Pretty sure I was a hair away from getting mugged/jumped outside Narrows Plaza while gearing up to ride my motorcycle home. Early 80s rusty Ford LTD on 24s with rap bumping and 3 "thugs" slowly drive pass me giving me the eye. I take note of my surroundings and notice that the lot is nearly empty and I am in the darkest part of the area. They circle the parking lot and come back around and do it again. I purposely delay putting my helmet on and put my weak side glove on first for their 3rd go around. This time they stop and roll down their windows. I take a step back on my strong side, hand on CCd Glock. They notice the move, look at me for a few seconds and say "nice bike home boy". Would be nice if they were just interested in the bike but something tells me their intentions were less honest. They quickly drove out of the parking lot screeching their tires on the way out

JoeSparky

Centurion
Maybe/maybe not on the bad intentions.

Could have really been some wannabe ganstas or they really did intend to compliment you on your bike.

OC instead of CC might have made the distinction more obvious.

Carry on. And good for you on your situational awareness!

Metalhead47

Maybe/maybe not on the bad intentions.

Could have really been some wannabe ganstas or they really did intend to compliment you on your bike.

OC instead of CC might have made the distinction more obvious.

Carry on. And good for you on your situational awareness!

Oc on a motorcycle in THIS weather???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
And there I was, peering through the light fog in the distance with an eerie feeling about as the stars twinkle with a hint of danger as I watch traffic come and go. One Caught my eye as I felt that piercing look into my sole with a slight startle I turned my weak side to them as my hand slowly brushed against my side where that elusive weapon resides awaiting to be brought into superhero action.

You already have a history of embellishing stories do we really need to go back there again?

amlevin

I take note of my surroundings and notice that the lot is nearly empty and I am in the darkest part of the area.

Forward planning ----FAIL! Think ahead next time and don't park in the most remote and darkest part of the lot. Most MC riders I know find a nice spot right next to the front door since they don't usually take a full parking space.

Situatioal awareness begins long before the situation develops.

decklin

Forward planning ----FAIL! Think ahead next time and don't park in the most remote and darkest part of the lot. Most MC riders I know find a nice spot right next to the front door since they don't usually take a full parking space.

Situatioal awareness begins long before the situation develops.

That isn't a fair assessment. Perhaps it was daylight when he parked. Perhaps he parked underneath a light then came outside and found the light wasn't working.
I try to get a spot near the door when I park my bike but that only works if there are open spots.

aktion

I do to... and the gear I wear generally makes OC impossible. :p

Thigh holster. Shunned by many, but they have a role for just such occasions. If it's flat out raining, I'll conceal.

As far as situational awareness, maybe the OP didn't stack the odds in his favor as much as he could have. If not, lesson learned.

BigDave -
Embellishment? What, for having an inclination toward prose? If it isn't bad grammar, poor spelling, etc; it's too prosaic and verbose. Or are you speaking to facts and such?

sempercarry

The light was one of those orangish yellow lights that slowly gets bright and then "overloads" and goes dark again. It was lit when I went in and dark when I came out. Don't mind big dave, he has decided, with no evidence or intelligence that everything I say is a lie. There is something to be said for getting out into the world every now and then and not sitting at your computer all day formulating theories of deception at the lowest possible level. Lets revisit it. As I have said before....get a life. I have personally seen to the revision of the laws/codes of Fircrest, University Place, Buckley, and Kitsap county and I organized arguably the most publicized OC event in Washington ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WTh4CFuzg ). Continue to call me a liar....you are only showing your incredible ignorance.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Semper don't forget about the incident you cited in a thread before at the B&I in Tacoma, remember armed guards and you ninja actions and then speed off with out your lights on, when the B&I does not hire armed security to pulling up a hill where kids where playing army and your response was that you drew down on them while in your vehicle and now you are back with more stories of make believe, twist your tales and get a life a real life.

sempercarry

I feel like I'm arguing with Helen Keller. Blind to truth and deaf to logic. Keep telling me to get a life. I am a Sergeant in the Marine Corps, a full time student, and a pilot. You are a lazy POS who sits at his computer all day dreaming of your time in the Army and trying to make yourself feel important by being the truth police on a tiny corner of the internet. You sure sound like a huge success in life. It's pretty sad and made even worse when you keep coming after the same person with 0 evidence to support your claims.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I feel like I'm arguing with Helen Keller. Blind to truth and deaf to logic. Keep telling me to get a life. I am a Sergeant in the Marine Corps, a full time student, and a pilot. You are a lazy POS who sits at his computer all day dreaming of your time in the Army and trying to make yourself feel important by being the truth police on a tiny corner of the internet. You sure sound like a huge success in life. It's pretty sad and made even worse when you keep coming after the same person with 0 evidence to support your claims.

Stop telling BS stories, some may buy it but anyone with common sense know they hold no water. It is pretty clear you are after some type of attention by writing these made up stories.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?55999-Almost-shot-a-guy-while-4X4ing-today
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?66926-Assaulted-at-B-amp-I (why all the deleted post?)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?53607-I-pulled-a-drunk-over-last-night
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?62146-Denied-entrance-to-Pierce-county-building

All with the typical theme, I was threatened, I saved the day....

SemperCarry there is no doubt you have participated in some good things, I do not think I would go as far as you taking all the credit for it, as I have done many things as well in my home town but it was not just me. Concentrate on the good things.

I have no interest in continuing this but if bs is posted I will call it what it is.

Last edited:

GuidoZ

PJ7ca.gif
tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif

Ahh drama on the Internet. Who can read the fastest? :banana:

--
Peace. ~G

Trigger Dr

I have personally seen to the revision of the laws/codes of Fircrest, University Place, Buckley, and Kitsap county and I organized arguably the most publicized OC event in Washington ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WTh4CFuzg ). Continue to call me a liar....you are only showing your incredible ignorance.

Let's put this in perspective.
I do not know about Fircrest, University Place or Buckley, but I do know about Kitsap.
Through the efforts of Ajetpilot, Grey Peterson and a few others behind the scenes, the first Kitsap picnic July 13 2008, happened without incident. If one remembers, there were plans by some of the deputies, to harrass and arrest OCers at this picnic. As it happened, we were visited by 3 deputies throught the day. They were polite, professional and even shared potatoe salad and hotdogs with us
kitsapOCpicnic001.jpg
. The deputy (Bob Millard) was reading an OC handout

Was this a result of my efforts to organize this meet? Not by a long shot. The success belongs to those that chose to participate and interact with the general public and KCSO. If needed, I can provide a copy of the FOIA documents dated 4 August 2008, from the KCSO.
I submit that the Silverdale met was well publicised, due to an OC member knowing a friendly reoporter. I also think that it was good that you set the date and time of the meet.
I do find fault with your taking credit for things that were accomplished without your help. The success of the Silverdale meet, and any other meet for that matter, belongs to the OCers that showed up and took part in exercising a God given and Constitutionally protected right, not because of the actions of one person.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Trigger Dr your assessment on these events on addressing different local ordinances are not a one man/woman show and spot on.
Note many on this forum including myself have contributed to many causes around the state.

In Yakima I addressed many different ordinances, there were others in the background involved in information gathering and preparation of letters to different agencies that included others on this forum and others, to the Mayor and Council Members to a City Attorney and Police Chief and County Commissioners, granted not all were in support but apart of the process. Note when the votes came down they were all unanimous.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

This again begs the question why you gain all this attention and others like myself have had virtually zero confrontations, etc???

My opinion would be embellishment or seeking confrontation.

Sometimes crap just happens to some people more than others.

I have been in car accidents as a passenger several times. And the majority of those were not the driver's fault. There have been some that have never been in a fender bender.

Me I prefer to look at the best in people until "proven" other wise. And assertions, allegations and pure guessing don't cut it for me. But that's just me I love people and think the best of them. Of course I'm a bit Polyanna....lol...:lol:

Last edited: