Thread: bill to eliminate the carry permit fees of veterans is making headway.

bill to eliminate the carry permit fees of veterans is making headway.

Good news for veterans, there's a bill making it's way through the state legislature that would eliminate the carry permit fees for veterans. It's not retroactive though, so don't expect any refunds, but if you're a veteran and don't already have a carry permit, you won't have to pay the fee to apply, though you would still have to take the safety course and pay for that. There also wouldn't be a renewal fee for veterans, though I assume that veterans would still have to apply for renewal, just without the fee. The bill is SB3592.

I like it. We do way too little for our Veterans.

I just wish there were no fees for permit. But, that is not being realistic, is it?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by HvyMtl View Post
    I like it. We do way too little for our Veterans.

I just wish there were no fees for permit. But, that is not being realistic, is it?
    Residents of Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, and Vermont pay no fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaker View Post
    Residents of Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, and Vermont pay no fees.
    I don't think that's really correct as far as permits are concerned, except for Vermont, which issues no permit at all.

You can get a permit from the other three for reciprocity purposes. They probably charge some fee or other for them. You also need a permit in Arizona to carry in alcohol serving establishments, which I believe must be done concealed.

- OS
    Last edited by Oh Shoot; 02-08-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Shoot View Post
    I don't think that's really correct as far as permits are concerned, except for Vermont, which issues no permit at all.

You can get a permit from the other three for reciprocity purposes. They probably charge some fee or other for them. You also need a permit in Arizona to carry in alcohol serving establishments, which I believe must be done concealed.

- OS
    That's what I thought as well.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin