• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bill to eliminate the carry permit fees of veterans is making headway.

Z1P2

Good news for veterans, there's a bill making it's way through the state legislature that would eliminate the carry permit fees for veterans. It's not retroactive though, so don't expect any refunds, but if you're a veteran and don't already have a carry permit, you won't have to pay the fee to apply, though you would still have to take the safety course and pay for that. There also wouldn't be a renewal fee for veterans, though I assume that veterans would still have to apply for renewal, just without the fee. The bill is SB3592.

HvyMtl

I like it. We do way too little for our Veterans.

I just wish there were no fees for permit. But, that is not being realistic, is it?

Oh Shoot

Residents of Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, and Vermont pay no fees.

I don't think that's really correct as far as permits are concerned, except for Vermont, which issues no permit at all.

You can get a permit from the other three for reciprocity purposes. They probably charge some fee or other for them. You also need a permit in Arizona to carry in alcohol serving establishments, which I believe must be done concealed.

- OS

Last edited:

Fallguy

I don't think that's really correct as far as permits are concerned, except for Vermont, which issues no permit at all.

You can get a permit from the other three for reciprocity purposes. They probably charge some fee or other for them. You also need a permit in Arizona to carry in alcohol serving establishments, which I believe must be done concealed.

- OS

That's what I thought as well.