• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airport Ban repeal to be heard today (2/6/12)

Repeater

MPPS #3 hearing bills today that may be unpopular with RINO's:
H.B. 91
Patron: Marshall, R.G.

Possession of concealed handguns; faculty members at public institutions of higher education. Allows full-time faculty members of public institutions of higher education who possess a valid Virginia concealed handgun permit to carry a concealed handgun on campus.

H.B. 288
Patron: Sherwood

Carrying weapons into courthouses; exception. Provides an exception from the prohibition against carrying a weapon into courthouses in the Commonwealth for city and county treasurers.

H.B. 967
Patron: Bell, Robert B.

Law-enforcement officers; campus police officers; definitions. Includes within various definitions of "law-enforcement officers" campus police officers at institutions of higher education.

H.B. 1052
Patron: Anderson

Carrying weapons in air carrier airport terminals; removing prohibition against carrying firearms. Removes the prohibition against carrying certain firearms and other weapons in air carrier airport terminals. The bill retains the prohibition against carrying explosives in such areas.

gm2max

Sounds productive, somewhat... Now come the first airport terminal shooting, heads will be wrung...

I would like to see a state law regulating firearm carry in college. hell, as an active duty military, CHP holder, and active student, I am forced to unarm to go onto campus. this annoys me greatly.

2a4all

So this "airport cary prohibition" was a tradeoff to get full state preemption (2004) of local gun laws?

I can't imagine the arguments presented to make this happen. Was there variation in the local carry ordinances at airports then? Did the state have to impose "terminal-wide" prohibition to get the localities to give up their local gun laws? Why?

opencarrypalmtrees

repeal the ban on guns at airports it will be much appreciated by voters!

this is something many people who have firearms complain about. I need to drop off a friend relative or you volunteer to do a carpool for the day and you are forced to leave your firearm at home because you are going to the airport so I have to take my friends to their trip drop them off drive all the home, pick up my gun again and be on my way. Its just a menace for law abiding gun owner to have to go through this.

I will say since many people don't have the time to say it. Just repeal the ban on airports and we will greatly appreciate it! :)

Repeater

Delegate Anderson was betrayed this morning in MP&PS Committee

Nothing like being stabbed in the back by Bill Howell:

HB 1052 Firearms and other weapons; removing prohibition against carrying in air carrier airport terminals.
02/10/12 House: Continued to 2013 in Militia, Police and Public Safety by voice vote

The cowards wouldn't even record their vote.

It seems this lobbyist has greater power than this lobbyist.

Axselle_Bill_01.jpg

[size=+2]I'm Bill Axselle -- Do as I say, or else![/size]