• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Kentucky Open Carry Group - Meet & Greet

RealBloodMoney

M&G

Wish I could come, but I live in Radcliff ky. So its almost a 4 hour drive :/ Maybe we should also have a greet in Lousiville or maybe Radcliff/Fort knox area eh?

Hurley,

I have to agree with you. I would love to go to a M&G that was within the E-town, Radcliff area.

neuroblades

i may pass on this one, ashland is little over 2 hr drive for me

I can fully understand that Curtis. 2 hours is a very long drive for a meet & greet. I know how you feel, it's the same way I felt when I read about the Central Kentucky M&G's, I wanted to go but it was just too far.

Do what I did here, pitch the idea of a M&G in your general location, figure for about a month or month and a half in the future and toss the idea out there and see if enough folks get back to you, that's what we did over here.

flb_78

The great thing is that if one doesn't like the location of this M&G, they are perfectly free to have a M&G in their area and call it what ever they wish.

Curtis C

if that is the case i would propose one at my dads place. bring your guns and ammo and have a day of shooting. he has 15 acres. that's the only suggestion i have at the moment lol.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I just wanted to make a lil response in this thread; I know I trampled on some of y'all, and cross a line I shouldn't have cross; Just wanted to make an apology with y'all and apologize for stepping on the meet thread with unnecessary drama and crap. Been very stressed with offline matters, and court dates, I'm sorry for taking it out on ya Glockster, Neuro, and Isaac and everyone else~

Just wanted to say my peace, and get it off my mind, been avoiding the subject till I got things settled offline.

Hope y'all don't hate me too much for my reponses on the last page; and Yea, I was stupid and foolish to make such responses.

Last edited:

neuroblades

Apology Accepted. :)

I just wanted to make a lil response in this thread; I know I trampled on some of y'all, and cross a line I shouldn't have cross; Just wanted to make an apology with y'all and apologize for stepping on the meet thread with unnecessary drama and crap. Been very stressed with offline matters, and court dates, I'm sorry for taking it out on ya Glockster, Neuro, and Isaac and everyone else~

Just wanted to say my peace, and get it off my mind, been avoiding the subject till I got things settled offline.

Hope y'all don't hate me too much for my reponses on the last page; and Yea, I was stupid and foolish to make such responses.

Drake, none of us hate you, to hate someone over stating their opinion is foolish and juvenile. We all have our own thoughts, ideas and opinions and that's what makes America great. I understood where you were coming from in what you said though, I've been there too many times myself. *LOL* I would read about M&G's elsewhere in the Commonwealth and wish that I could go but it was just to far away to travel for something like that. That's what drove me to try to get this thing started and who knows how long or if it will even last in the coming months but we're giving it a go and in the end that's all we can do. I worte that to say this, pick a good OC place, a restaurant and then pitch the idea of having an OC M&G there. We can never have too many M&G's being that at the moment I've only heard of one other grouip doing them over in WV.

But I understood where you were coming from and all is forgiven and well. Carry On! :)

09jisaac

I don't think that anyone here hates you. Everyone has their right to an opinion.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I believe neuro's response summed it up perfectly. Everyone gets stressed and has bad days; It's human nature. I don't think anyone took offense to anything that was said either, but if they did, they will get over it in a week to ten days.haha

And just to clarify my wording of the post you snapped at, when I stated most of us are near Ashland, I was not referring to everyone that posts on the Ky forum, I was referring to people in and around eastern Ky that have been to the first meet and greet.

Last edited:

09jisaac

Gutshot is exactly right. Drake made a mistake and man-upped (no pun intended drake) and apologized for it. I know that some people were, what seemed like, calling me out on something I posted and I got really disrespectful in my replies. I apologize for what I said.

neuroblades

Ashland Meet & Greet - Feb. 18th @ 12 noon.

Just a quick reminder to everyone, tomorrow (Feb. 18th) will be the next M&G at the Ashalnd Golden Corral at 12 noon. I hope to see everyone there and hopefully we'll see some new folks as well. :)

neuroblades

Just In Case.

I was kind of afraid of this happening; a situation, for lack of a better term has reared it's ugly head this morning. I have been trying to put it off tlll next week but it seems that it now requires my attention. On the upside, it shouldn't waylaid us in attending, if I can rectify the situation and get back on track in time.

I just wanted to give everyone a head's up about what's going on, just in case.

I hope to make it and see everyone once again. :)

CARRY ON!