• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey! Your gun is showing!

fire suppressor

I'm still chuckling to my self over the last open carry encounter I just had. I am in the process of moving my things into a storage unit and ran out of boxes. I ran down to the UPS store in Poulsbo to see what kind of boxes they had. I parked, got out of my car and was halfway through the parking lot when I herd a man yell "HEY! did you know your gun is showing!" I looked around the parking lot and saw a man all the way on the other end of the lot tugging at his shirt and looking at me. I was on the phone and before I could respond he yelled "are you open carry or conceal carry!?" I yelled back "open carry, it is legal in this state, you do not need a permit and you do not have to cover it up!" The man smiled gave me a thumps up and yelled "cool!"

That was the end of it he got in his car and left. I went into the UPS store and bought a box without any issues. No comments where made about my gun and they thanked me for coming in

Fallschirjmäger

I had someone do something like that to me once. I looked at them and said "Yes, and I'm wearing glasses and my shirt's buttoned up... So?"
They got a confused look and went away.

G30Mike

Haha, this happened to me in line at Wal-Mart. Lady behind me kinda whispered to me "hey, I can see your pistol, might wanna cover it before you get in trouble"
Evidently she was CCing herself and was unaware of OC laws. We had a nice little chat in line.