• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

06 Feb 2012 FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists - again

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date
H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-usa-fbi-extremists-idUSTRE81600V20120207
Patrick Temple-West said:
These extremists, sometimes known as "sovereign citizens," believe they can live outside any type of government authority, FBI agents said at a news conference.

The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard.
Yep, that's me, buying Strike Any Where matches (rather than the stupid SOBs) and hoarding Edison incandescent bulbs. Oh, and thousands of rounds of lead ammunition.

09jisaac

0_o YOU'RE ONE OF THEM! ONE OF THE 18(!!!!!) people they warn us about.

But seriously now, anyone else get the feeling that they're trying to turn a lot of us into terrorists? I am anti government, so I am a terrorist now? I have harmed no one, I just wish that no one tries to control me.

OC for ME

^^^^This^^^^

'Dudes' who don't pay their 'fair share' and still use the roads....round them up and pack-em off to Gitmo. Though, it is somewhat ironic that they do pay 'some share' cuz they ain't making their own gas, or not getting away with paying a sales tax most of the time.....still, round them up and pack-em off to Gitmo.

PistolPackingMomma

The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard.The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard.

Oh, so the United States isn't bankrupt? Well shucks, I feel all better now. Thanks, Mr. Government man!

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

It's not just the "left" either...there is so called self proclaimed conservative in Washington thread who keeps calling me extreme, and alleging I am a crook, and an anarchist for simply believing in most of the same principles of the founding of this country.

What are we to do? I can't help but want individual liberty and freedom. It is not in my nature to be a sheep. I don't want to join a militia either I just want to live my life and be left alone.

georg jetson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

Its not a movement based on reality or limited government or the constitution; its crackpot excuses for committing fraud and extortion, usually against regular citizens.

Very true... I have my suspicion that the originators of the myths which spawn such behavior may be some government financed think tank/s. ...just a suspicion. :(

Usually, a mix of "out of context" law is mixed with emotional arguments and then sold as the "truth" of why we're not the country we think we are. I have seen some very well meaning people buy into this crap at great peril to their liberty and property.

I attribute the alarming spread of this kinda stuff to a combination of true patriotism mixed with a feeling of helplessness... add a healthy dose of ignorance of law and history and voila.

Here's a recent thread showing an example of how this crap is making its way around the web:
http://forum.opencarry.com/forums/s...pe-to-generate-some-discussion-with-this-post