• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Study on Defensive Gun Use

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Looks like there has been a new study. I found out about it at the link below.

The summaries are favorable. If I understand what is being presented, Clayton Cramer is one of the authors.

Read the blog entry for Monday 2/6/12. Note the part about disarmings. Its not the victims being disarmed! A much higher percentage is victims disarming the criminal!!

http://www.theagitator.com/

Try this link to see the white paper itself: http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/78800063

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

If I want to reference this study in my research paper on carry rights this semester (which I am now lol), referencing a blog would be silly.

Daylen

But reading it certainly would not be. Hence, my issue.

Blogs in general are silly, I meant to particular offense against this one. Plus the title of the thread was about a study, something I find interesting, referencing a blog that references a study is not very nice, nor the proper way of referencing.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Blogs in general are silly, I meant to particular offense against this one. Plus the title of the thread was about a study, something I find interesting, referencing a blog that references a study is not very nice, nor the proper way of referencing.

Fair enough.

I don't blame Citizen, though. I'm sure he saw it there, and I would probably be inclined to share it the same way. The Agitator is one of a few blogs I like -- the format is ideal for keeping me informed on the latest litany of police excess. I wish more people paid attention.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the support, fellas.

The real reason I didn't link directly to the study, etc, is much simpler. I just didn't have time. Notice that I mentioned the summary, and quoted from the blog, not the study itself.

All I had time for was a quick skim of the blog post. In fact, I came near as a whisper to just not mentioning it at all. But, I also realized that by the time I got back to that blog, the blog entry would move down the screen, and I could easily lose track of it, so I went ahead and made post I did. Quite simply, if I had more time, I would've just read the study myself, quoted directly from it myself, told y'all my opinion of it, and posted the link directly to it.

But, I figured readers here could pounce on it in the meantime.