• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gangbanger Looks Down My .45 Barrel !!!

.40S&W

Is it possible to tell a story without sounding like Shakespeare lol.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
OK so you know your big mouth nearly got you into a big time hassle with the cops, courts and prosecutors. You know you need to work on that. Great story. A very similar thing happened to me, only it was my friend who had the big mouth. I drew down on the two BGs but my friend, a true pugilist, engaged one and pretty much ruined his whole week while the other was too busy making sure I didn't shoot him. You got to tell the story, now next time make sure there's no story to tell! Frito knows where you work and what time you arrive. Be careful out there.

Yes there is the problem with his response which could easily be seen as an escalation of the affair. One would have to examine all of the variables before reaching a conclusion with this instant case.

sawah

Forgive me, but headed to work is now "don't go stupid places"?

/shrug

Protect yourselves and be safe. :)

People violate that rule ALL THE TIME, but do so at their peril. Road rage 'participants', going to bars and nightclubs, pulling up at a store and getting a 'tingle' and going in anyway. WHY? You are telling me that being late to work one time is going to put your job in jeopardy?

If you sense it's a stupid place/person/thing, DO NOT go there. It's simple but oh, so hard to follow because, maybe, we crave excitement, or are just stupidly dense.

gunns

I really like how you wrote it up. Long and entertaining. Though you were definitely in it. I have no idea how I would have handled it, but I know he would have seen the business end of my carry also, but I am not sure I wouldn't have just shot him with his hand in his jacket and let god straighten it out.

You took a big risk with that hand in his jacket. Glad your ok and watch your back.

1245A Defender

well,,,

ive been mulling this over in my head, where i do most of my thinking, and the thought of
finding justifiable fear of death or harm to me, is there, in his pocket and his demeanor,
that deadly force to stop the threat is probably warrented.

now that ive thought it over some more, in my head, my thinking place, I
am reminded of a movie that i enjoyed, called Rustlers Rapsody.
a story about good guys, and bad guys that tried to ack like good guys but really werent.

so now that I thinking about the good guy in that movie and that banger wannabe,
threatening you with his hand gripping his erection hiding in his pocket,
trying to make you think that whatever it was, was a gun.
I have decided that since I am a good guy,,, that I would shoot to stop the threat,
I would just shoot him in the hand, thats the only thing that was being used to create my fear of death or harm.
I wonder if the warrenty on his cell phone includes bullet hole repair?

Aknazer

People violate that rule ALL THE TIME, but do so at their peril. Road rage 'participants', going to bars and nightclubs, pulling up at a store and getting a 'tingle' and going in anyway. WHY? You are telling me that being late to work one time is going to put your job in jeopardy?

If you sense it's a stupid place/person/thing, DO NOT go there. It's simple but oh, so hard to follow because, maybe, we crave excitement, or are just stupidly dense.

Uhh he was at the door to his job when he noticed them. And what, we shouldn't confront people who are obviously doing something illegal and should just let them get away with their crimes? That's part of what's wrong with the country, no one wants to take care of stuff and think "oh, well it's not my job, someone else will handle it."

Not that I fully agree with how he handled the situation, but I wouldn't consider confronting people performing vandalism at my house/work as "going to stupid places." In fact while on base it is my JOB to confront people who are in places that I don't think they should be, why shouldn't that extend outside of my job?

OC for ME

....because, it is likely that your actions will be adjudicated to have been lawful (or not), by a judge, after/if the cops are involved.

HKcarrier

He didn't initiate the contact, the homie did. "WTF are you lookin at"

I don't think I would have answered the way the OP did, I probably would have said "I"m lookin at 3 kids about to get the cops called on them for vandalism", maybe started snapping photos with camera phone, and took it from there... if homie wanted to pull the whole "badass" routine and I was unable to quickly duck into my office, I most certainly would have handled the rest of the encounter as the OP did. If a guy comes at me aggressively while reaching for a weapon, whether he's' feigning or not is inconsequential to me, I"m feeling fear for my life and will respond accordingly. As others have stated, he certainly wasn't approaching for a group hug.

Last edited:

HolyOrangeJuice

I love the crazy non-sense way the story was delivered in.

Guy goes to work, gang banger thug does something stupid, guy looks at gang banger thug thinking how stupid he is, gang banger thug can't believe guy would do such a thing and acts tough, guy lets his mouth get the better of him, gang banger thug thinks he cant kick guys ass and chargers guy, guy in fear for his life pulls a firearm to end situation intiated by gang banger thug.

Sounds like the OP did what was necessary after the situation escalated.

The holy OJ has spoken.

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

When gang banger dons the bandito neckerchief... and approaches in that manner. The second his hand went into his pocket I would have done a mag dump on him... no conversations required. 'Clear enough intent to justify deadly force.

DocWalker

My statement to the cops and coroner after performing the mag dump into the gang banger......

As you can see all my bullets entered from the front as he was running toward me after yelling at me, putting a bandana around his face, and puttin ghis hand in his pocket. I was afraid for my life and figured you would be standing over my body right now if I didn't defend myself.

I do think after looking at my grooping I need to hit the range for some more practice...what do you think officer?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I usually enjoy humor and trolling - but I found this painful to read and follow.

From what I got, this guy has a bandanna on and has something pointed at you through his pocket while approaching - you pulled a gun but not a trigger? I guess I wasn't in your shoes and to pull that trigger takes a lot more than to pull a gun.

Sky1

I have never been in that situation but I was told by my crazy ccw instructor is if you have to draw and point, you shoot, no hesitation, no conversation. But I would not have drawn unless I saw the gun.

But I can clearly see in your situation it all happened very fast and definately an Oh SH#$ moment for sure.

What made you pause instead of draw and shoot?

He clearly brandished, I think in most states that is considered the same as being armed.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
you pulled a gun but not a trigger?

Is that somehow a bad thing?

I have never been in that situation but I was told by my crazy ccw instructor is if you have to draw and point, you shoot, no hesitation, no conversation.

So, this is where that comes from. Crazy ccw instructors. I mean, I ain't gonna be having a conversation once my gun is drawn, but I'm not going to shoot if the mere sight of a gun obviates the threat. It's not black and white. Am I gonna sit around waiting for the guy to notice my gun and get scared? No. But am I going to be oblivious to the possibility, and not continuously assess the situation as I spray lead everywhere? Not that either.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Is that somehow a bad thing?

Like the other poster said - draw, aim, fire. If you feel that you are in a life or death situation why would you draw and NOT fire? The OP said he pulled his gun, aimed, and instead of shooting to stop the threat he "YELLED > One F'ing Move C Sucker And Your Dead, I Don't Give A S**t If You Got A Cell Phone In Your Pocket, Your Dead If You Try To Call Me With It." If you feel that your life is in danger, why would you spit all those words out instead of shooting? I'll tell you why, because his life was not in danger. Now (assuming this story is even true) the OP waved a gun around at some kids, they know where he works, what he drives, when he shows up to work, and that he carries a gun.

Like I said, this is just assuming the story is true. It sounded more like a poor stand up comedy routine than a life or death situation.

EDIT: wouldn't this go down great in court if he shot? "Witnesses say the gunman said he would shoot the victim for trying to use his cell phone prior to shooting the victim who was holding his cell phone when emergency medical personnel arrived."

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Like the other poster said - draw, aim, fire. If you feel that you are in a life or death situation why would you draw and NOT fire? The OP said he pulled his gun, aimed, and instead of shooting to stop the threat he "YELLED > One F'ing Move C Sucker And Your Dead, I Don't Give A S**t If You Got A Cell Phone In Your Pocket, Your Dead If You Try To Call Me With It." If you feel that your life is in danger, why would you spit all those words out instead of shooting? I'll tell you why, because his life was not in danger. Now (assuming this story is even true) the OP waved a gun around at some kids, they know where he works, what he drives, when he shows up to work, and that he carries a gun.

When did I say anything about telling anybody to drop his gun?

I'm pretty sure I explicitly said "I'm not about to have a conversation once my gun is drawn". Making your post a complete straw man.

But draw should not necessarily equal fire. Plenty of crimes are stopped by sight of a weapon. That doesn't mean people are yelling at each other with guns drawn. It may mean that the bad guy starts to flee as soon as he sees the gun coming out.

Threat obviated. If, at this point, you fire, and there is video or witnesses, you may be criminally and civilly liable. Depending on the state.

Last edited:

sawah

He didn't initiate the contact, the homie did. "WTF are you lookin at"

I don't think I would have answered the way the OP did, I probably would have said "I"m lookin at 3 kids about to get the cops called on them for vandalism", maybe started snapping photos with camera phone, and took it from there... if homie wanted to pull the whole "badass" routine and I was unable to quickly duck into my office, I most certainly would have handled the rest of the encounter as the OP did. If a guy comes at me aggressively while reaching for a weapon, whether he's' feigning or not is inconsequential to me, I"m feeling fear for my life and will respond accordingly. As others have stated, he certainly wasn't approaching for a group hug.

I think that's a very rational way to handle it. BUT, I don't think I would say a word to them because you are warning them. I would take some photos, though.

What about using a de-escaltion tactic? "Come on guys, you don't want to be doing that, can you just hang out elsewhere?" Unfortunately, for wannabes, this might embolden them. Sometimes you have to scare them.