• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

get together?

RugerSR9

I have not seen anyone posting a get together.. As i see we talk a lot about different situations and wait for responses, i feel the need to have social interaction :-D. I'd like to maybe set up a time/date and place to maybe have a BBQ in the future. Get to know the community of OC here in Washington. If anyone is interested in doing something like this let me know!! maybe see how many people will want to come? start a found to get the items needed to bbq.. and have some conversations about oc and our right in washington. I like the sound of that.. Do you? let me know what you think :)

FMCDH

Just keep watching the board.

There are at-least two regularly scheduled coffee meet-ups each month on the wet side, and yet another on the dry side from what I understand, not to mention the impromptu meets that happen about once a month somewhere.

There is also the 2nd Amendment Rally, "Willo Lake" (aka Jim's Place) and when the weather gets nice enough, the BBQs will start up again.

Shooting pit meet-ups, and other various small gatherings also occur from time to time.

If all that doesn't smack your fancy, plan something of your own and post it.

RugerSR9

yeah was not sure what all went on. if i can get out to any of those events (if close enough by me) i will surly be there!! Thanks for the info :)

Trigger Dr

Glad that you decided to stick around.
Probably the best way would be for you to just pick a time and place, post it on here and they will come...If you ask around for suggestions for time and date, you will get a bunch of "I can only make it on ?day " "I only want to go to XXX"
You may only get 1 or 2 but you will get some to be there.
Just allow enough lead time for making plans to come.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

wellcome,,,, back... you just got extra points for your tenacity!

pick a place you like,, a day you like,, a time you like,, Post it and they will come...

OTOH,, if people dont want to come, there is nothing you can do to stop them.

give a week of heads up time, then go,, some might say they will be there, but then wont show up,
some wont say anything at all, but they will be there,, you just never know what youre going to get...

P.S. find your own OC friendly place for the meet,,, but DO NOT ASK FOR PERMISSION!!!
your meeting place should have already shown you by their acceptence of your OCing, that you and your friends will be welcome OCing.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

The above two posts pretty much sum it up. So I'll reiterate just set a time you are comfortable with post it and have fun, you won't ever please everybody.

Thor80

Hey Ruger,
I'm down for coffee this weekend sometime. Donut parade is our "normal" spot. Dunno about the BBQ but they did one here at Manito Park last year. It was a Sunday so I couldnt go though due to work... We'll probably have another this year, keep an eye on the boards. But if you're down this weekend set a time and I'll be there, maybe make a new thread for a "Spokane" get together though to get the attention of folks out here. I know if Snarly is available he'd join us.

-Thor