• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposition 8 Squashed

SavageOne

<snip>

Hmm, I thought topics were still supposed to be somewhat related to guns, but I guess that is no longer (or never actually was) the case.

Carry on. :D

No, the Social Lounge was specifically created for topics non-gun related. It says so right at the top of the page.

Forum: The Social Lounge
Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks.

Not trying to be augmentative(which, I am sure will surprise many), just pointing it out for informational purposes. ;)

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Ich klage an! I Accuse!

Proposition 8 was a popular referendum, which carries an authority greater than acts of legislature but lower than the constitution itself.
I used these foreign language phrases elsewhere. Before using foreign phrases, I try to read a bit to make sure that I am not mis-using them or using an idiom that might lead off on a tangent. I was pleased that they fit so well with this thread too!

I accuse is J'accuse! in French.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Another victory for a tiny minority of perverts in America...and the many more in number condoners/sympathizers/enablers as well -- most people here among them (as per usual).

But it's not at all surprising, as many more immoral and profane victories are to come, such is the moral decline of the country and its character/integrity and global reputation in general. It's a sad time in history when things like marriage even have to be defined. Or Ethics courses needed.

Even more of a reason for Civil War II or Culture War I to take place. Housecleaning big-time and on a large scale -- if there's still time for it to matter.

Here's hoping (but I won't hold my breath)...

[As per usual, however, this is here "just for the record" re: an opposing view. No response will be forthcoming to the many flames I will be getting from the walking dead]

Last edited:

Daylen

Another victory for a tiny minority of perverts in America...and the many more in number condoners/sympathizers/enablers as well -- most people here among them (as per usual).

But it's not at all surprising, as many more immoral and profane victories are to come, such is the moral decline of the country and its character/integrity and global reputation in general. It's a sad time in history when things like marriage even have to be defined. Or Ethics courses needed.

Even more of a reason for Civil War II or Culture War I to take place. Housecleaning big-time and on a large scale -- if there's still time for it to matter.

[As per usual, however, this is here "just for the record" re: an opposing view. No response will be forthcoming to the many flames I will be getting from the walking dead]

What does immorality have to do with constitutional protections? Its not just "good god fearing and moral people" who are protected by the constitution, nor even only "moral" acts that are protected. Perhaps you should try living in a theocracy, just don't expect to make USA one without a fight.

Beretta92FSLady

Washington State is also on their way, which is nice to see.

I was a bit bugged that the original judge who ruled on this matter was argued that he should recuse himself because he is a homosexual; as if a heterosexual judge wouldn't have a stake in the ruling.

It will be nice to one day travel with my wife and kids across country without worrying about the legalities of our marriage if anything were to happen during our trip.

Beretta92FSLady

LMAO! I love posts like this. The beautiful thing about America; that a person can have their opinion, share it but at the end of the day the Law tips to equal protection.

Don't get all worked up over this, it's not like me and my gay friends are going to invade your home, and try to bring you to the 'other side'.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Don't get all worked up over this, it's not like me and my gay friends are going to invade your home, and try to bring you to the 'other side'.

Aw, really? 'Cause, we were kinda hoping you would.

raspberry2.gif

Beretta92FSLady

What does immorality have to do with constitutional protections? Its not just "good god fearing and moral people" who are protected by the constitution, nor even only "moral" acts that are protected. Perhaps you should try living in a theocracy, just don't expect to make USA one without a fight.

Agreed! We ought always have freedom of Religion but never a Theocracy; all parties lose out in the latter.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

More on the theme of Proposition 8

I'm reading a biography of William Blake (The Man, Charles Gardner, 1909) engraver-poet and author of particularly And did those feet in ancient time and Tyger.

Blake was acquainted with a number of American founding figures, Tomas Paine and Edmund Burke, that did not write "When good men do nothing..." Blake was a Swedenborgian with his own Newt Gingrich-like moment when he asked his wife's permission for a concubine. Their social circle advanced personal freedoms in the new American United States now found repugnant here.

sudden valley gunner

Agreed. But how to establish such rights? How to ensure them? How to allow their expansion with time, while preventing their curtailment due to fears of "omg cars and automatic wepponz"?

This is where the real challenge is. This is the core of the government question.

True, nothing is perfect. Maybe we should just go to anarcho-capitalism.....:lol:

Last edited:

Stanley

LMAO! I love posts like this. The beautiful thing about America; that a person can have their opinion, share it but at the end of the day the Law tips to equal protection.

Thank goodness... :D

I almost spit my drink on my computer :lol:

Dreamer

Last time it was neither one that did the big fighting, it was protestants, especially baptists.

Yeah, you are right, the Mormons didn't have anything do do with it.

Except for the estimated $8.4 MILLION that Mormons donated to the coalition to push Prop 8 through in 2008...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/10/now-the-mormon.html

MODERATORS: how many clueless incorrect assertions and outright lies does a member have to make before they get banned?

I've lost count on this particular "member"...

Last edited: