• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB139 - constitutional carry...

Thundar

Rally Against the anti - constitutional carry schlep

This may or may not help you to feel better. Take it for what you choose to get out of it.

Politics is a game. When you win, you can sometimes get what you want. When you lose, you can't get any of what you want at all.

During any of the past General Assembly sessions in recent memory, and especially the previous two, if HB 139 had been introduced, it would have been quite literally laughed out of the GAB, right into the gutter on Broad Street. The sponsor would have been labeled a modern-day version of Jesse James, and ridiculed from left to right, top to bottom for wasting everyone's time.

Big election. Lots of changes. This year, HB 139 was introduced. Nobody laughed. People scratched their chins and thought, "Hmmmm...."

The Elephant is in the room.

So, it may very well stay in Lingamfelter's pocket this year. But it was noticed, and it was discussed behind closed doors, and in the hallways, and on internet message forums, in e-mail alerts, and even in the newspapers.

There may not be enough support to pass it this year. Do you really think it takes a floor vote to discover that? Do you want pro-gun legislators spending their limited amount of political capital, risking the loss of their seats on votes that we know will not yet ultimately succeed? You say you want to know, so you can vote them out, but remember, in the districts where this is a contentious issue, these are the "good" guys. The "other" guy is going to be worse. Much, much worse.

I don't have concrete answers to all these questions. I do know that politics is a marathon, not a sprint.

No, this year they aren't laughing. For me, that is a very good first step.

TFred

This seems like a broken record. Except this year it is the schleps, not the zombies, refusing to even allow a real discussion about rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the Commonwealth.

No more patting the scleps on the head because they provide P4P scraps.

I want pro gun rights legislators, not pro gun (p4P, Hunting on Sunday, etc. Bull $#it) Our rights ARE NOT a game. No those of us that believe this are NOT playing games.

We have been patient for too long. We need to make an example out of Mr. Pocket. Lingamfelter needs to feel the wrath.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This seems like a broken record. Except this year it is the schleps, not the zombies, refusing to even allow a real discussion about rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the Commonwealth.

I want pro gun rights legislators, not pro gun (p4P, Hunting on Sunday, etc. Bull $#it) Our rights ARE NOT a game. No those of us that believe this are NOT playing games.

We have been patient for too long. We need to make an example out of Mr. Pocket. Lingamfelter needs to feel the wrath.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

I'm not sure how Sunday Hunting fits in but if you go up a few posts, we're going to push for just what you're looking for.

I'm not magic. I can't wave my enchanted ax handle and get rid of all the worthless politicians. They don't come from my area anyway. It takes a crowd to get their attention and so far this year, the only crowds I've seen were Dog Hunters and they don't care about gun bills.

Now....are you gonna help or gripe?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Disagree with your portrayal of Lingamfelter.

You stand outside the arena looking in and criticize because all things that do not go as you see appropriate. Come on down to the GA and get hands on involved with the people, the procedures. and day to day business. Then, maybe then, you will have a bit more insight as to how and why things happen.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I wonder?

Virginia State Police Association "2012 Legislator of the Year"

This week, I was informed that the Board of Directors of the Virginia State Police Association (VSPA) and their 2,100 members have chosen me as one of their "2012 Legislators of the Year" for my ardent support of public safety and advocacy for the Department of State Police. It is truly an honor to be recognized by this group that represents some of the most dedicated public servants in our Commonwealth. These are the folks that dedicate themselves to protecting our families and communities and they sacrifice a great deal doing so. A part of the "Trooper Pledge" states:
I shall wage unceasing war against crime in all its forms, and shall consider no sacrifice too great in the performance of my duty. I shall obey the laws of the United States of America and of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and shall support and defend their constitutions against all enemies whomsoever, foreign and domestic. I shall always be loyal to and uphold the honor of my organization, my State and my Country.

Scott Lingamfelter

Thundar

Conspiracy Confirmed

I wonder?

[TR]
[TD="colspan: 1"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

THe Delegate squashes Constitutional Carry with his very special pocket veto, preserving the VSP administration of commercial firearms sales in Virginia, then gets the legislator of the year from the VSP Association.

Oh the evil of it all.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I wonder?

Virginia State Police Association "2012 Legislator of the Year"

This week, I was informed that the Board of Directors of the Virginia State Police Association (VSPA) and their 2,100 members have chosen me as one of their "2012 Legislators of the Year" for my ardent support of public safety and advocacy for the Department of State Police. It is truly an honor to be recognized by this group that represents some of the most dedicated public servants in our Commonwealth. These are the folks that dedicate themselves to protecting our families and communities and they sacrifice a great deal doing so. A part of the "Trooper Pledge" states:
I shall wage unceasing war against crime in all its forms, and shall consider no sacrifice too great in the performance of my duty. I shall obey the laws of the United States of America and of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and shall support and defend their constitutions against all enemies whomsoever, foreign and domestic. I shall always be loyal to and uphold the honor of my organization, my State and my Country.

Scott Lingamfelter

That is not automatically a bad thing, but needs to be kept in perspective.

VCDL has over 5K members and over 15K on the Va-Alert list. They all have family, friends, neighbors and acquaintances with similar beliefs and goals............and they vote accordingly.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I wonder?

That is not automatically a bad thing, but needs to be kept in perspective.

VCDL has over 5K members and over 15K on the Va-Alert list. They all have family, friends, neighbors and acquaintances with similar beliefs and goals............and they vote accordingly.

No Grape, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. The world is never black, white or full color.

I happen to like him and he's one of the more solid pro gun people in the legislature. I am also well aware that he is a politician and requires re-election to remain so.

Holding a bill that really had no chance of passing this year, is not really anti gun and is defensible. Presenting the bill isn't really anti police and is defensible.

Holding the bill for presentation next year and being voted LEO of the year is good politics. He only mildly irritates anyone.

He does have to be made to understand that we were not born yesterday though, and find a new sponsor for a new bill next year. There will be more than one presented next year, it's in the works already.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No Grape, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. The world is never black, white or full color.

I happen to like him and he's one of the more solid pro gun people in the legislature. I am also well aware that he is a politician and requires re-election to remain so.

Holding a bill that really had no chance of passing this year, is not really anti gun and is defensible. Presenting the bill isn't really anti police and is defensible.

Holding the bill for presentation next year and being voted LEO of the year is good politics. He only mildly irritates anyone.

He does have to be made to understand that we were not born yesterday though, and find a new sponsor for a new bill next year. There will be more than one presented next year, it's in the works already.

I have considerably more respect and understanding of his action than many might. I too consider Scott Lingamfelter a friend to RKBA. His staff is superbly competant and accessible.

"There will be more than one presented next year, it's in the works already."
icon14.png
icon14.png

I'm already looking forward to next year. :)

Marco

Let me know if I can help in any way.... you have my #

mk4

Rest assured M...you've been on the list from the first thought.
For the next month we need to make notes of proper wording.

not sure if i can be of much assistance as i'm pretty green to all of this, but M's got my number and i, his.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
not sure if i can be of much assistance as i'm pretty green to all of this, but M's got my number and i, his.

You can and you as well as TFred, Grapeshot and several others will be asked to serve on the committee. I already have a domain and host for private discussion, then probably public input by others.

I also have several potential sponsors I've spoken to and they will help with advising about what may passand won't.

Time to stop pussyfooting around this.

mk4

You can and you as well as TFred, Grapeshot and several others will be asked to serve on the committee. I already have a domain and host for private discussion, then probably public input by others.

I also have several potential sponsors I've spoken to and they will help with advising about what may passand won't.

Time to stop pussyfooting around this.

alrighty then, let's roll!!

optiksguy

Is there a benefit to submitting several bills as opposed to focusing all our efforts on one? Or do you mean several version will be presented which will be narrowed down to one final version for submission?