• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting in NoVA - Mason District Gov't Ctr. in Annandale - Tues. 2/14/12

nova

02/14/12 - Mason Govt Center - Large Conference Room

Meeting Schedule (Unless Otherwise Noted Above):

7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant

Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003

Remember to support your local starbucks on 2/14/12!

grylnsmn

02/14/12 - Mason Govt Center - Large Conference Room
May I take a moment to play the heretic?

What genius decided to schedule the VCDL meeting on Valentine's Day? I had to do a lot of negotiating with my boss/better half to get her to agree that I could go. As it is, I now need to do something even nicer to make it up to her. (Fortunately, she doesn't have expensive taste, but now I have to get even more creative.)

[sarcasm]Thanks.[/sarcasm]

Felix

What genius decided to schedule the VCDL meeting on Valentine's Day?

Valentine's Day ranks right up there with my spouse's birthday and our anniversary in importance in her mind. In the interest of family peace and harmony, I'll be MIA and taking her out to dinner at a very nice restaurant.

Oh, and suggesting she accompany me to the VCDL meeting as an alternative wouldn't even be a viable option. That'd get me in the doghouse just as quickly as buying some household appliance instead of flowers and a personal gift. :eek:

grylnsmn

Well, it looks like I wasn't able to negotiate as well as I'd like. I'm going to have to skip this time.

How much do you value your gun rights? Bring her with you and make it a date night! :p
Spoken like someone who is likely single.

I value my life a lot more, and my wife is by far the better shot. (My gun rights are worth nothing if she exercises hers quicker and more accurately.)

Nobody knew in advance that Feb 14th would be Valentine's Day this year?:shocker:

Roscoe
I know. Shocking how it ambushes us each year, always on the same day!

Felix

Nobody knew in advance that Feb 14th would be Valentine's Day this year?:shocker:

Roscoe

Took the words right out of my mouth, Roscoe. :banghead:

Looks like having the mtg on VT Day was a conscious decision. That's OK, it won't be the first one I've skipped. Sure it won't be the last either.

BTW Ed, can the dates be published for as far out as scheduled to facilitate attendee deconflictions?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I feel for those of you whose wives and girlfriends hang on to a Hallmark holiday.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I feel for those of you whose wives and girlfriends hang on to a Hallmark holiday.

Thanks for the "sympathy"...lol:)

I will also miss tonight due to the fact that my wife and I are going to dinner and a movie. No negotiating for me either.