• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shots fired Poulsbo Less Swab

fire suppressor

Not sure of the details yet but I there JUST was a shoot out at Less Swab in Poulsbo. In the last five minutes I have counted six police cars from three different agency's go by my window. This is no more than a mile from my apartments just another reason why I ALWAYS carry theses sleepy little towns are not exempt from violence. More details hopefully to follow

TechnoWeenie

A man fired shots into the ceiling of a Les Schwab Tire dealership in Poulsbo on Wednesday night, the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office said.
The dealership is located at 424 Northwest Edvard Street. It isn't clear whether anyone was hit or otherwise injured, or what led to the shooting.

Mainsail

Emergency traffic on the radios started like five minutes after I turned on the scanner. 5'7" 350# male with a .357 in one of the bays. A responding officer got in a wreck when someone pulled out in front of him; he hit the car and a pole. They set up a command post at the Shell Station next door.

TechnoWeenie

A responding officer got in a wreck when someone pulled out in front of him

It'll be interesting to see if he was driving with 'due regard to safety and caution' while responding...

DocWalker

It sounds like a case of "suicide by police"; he didn't have a car and life probably got him down. He sounded like to much a coward to do it himself so he got assistance from the local PD by pointing a gun at them.

Metalhead47

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/shots-fired-les-schwab-dealership-poulsbo/nHYCM/

The deceased, 24-year-old Joe Henninger, didn't own a car and didn't appear to have a criminal record. Not sure why he was in there going crazy. Apparently he fired a few shots, the cops arrived and confronted him, then he aimed at them and they opened up on him.

It sounds like a case of "suicide by police"; he didn't have a car and life probably got him down. He sounded like to much a coward to do it himself so he got assistance from the local PD by pointing a gun at them.

YOU SEE?? YOU SEE??? WAKE UP PEOPLE! This is PROOF POSITIVE that GUNS KILL PEOPLE! This poor man, who was probably underprivileged, abused as a child, out of work, and fell right through the social safety net, DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A CAR! He had no reason to be there, THE GUN DID IT! THE GUN DID IT! The EVIL EVIL gun POSSESSED OF A WILL OF ITS OWN committed this heinous act, this poor man was just another victim!

MadHatter66

Prayers to the officers involved. No matter how much you prepare something like this is never easy and takes a huge toll on your mental well being. I know the officers involved pretty well.

This definitely sounds like a suicide by cop... Let the "turning his life around, good kid who was lost, eff the cops!!" rhetoric start flowing I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

DocWalker

Prayers to the officers involved. No matter how much you prepare something like this is never easy and takes a huge toll on your mental well being. I know the officers involved pretty well.

This definitely sounds like a suicide by cop... Let the "turning his life around, good kid who was lost, eff the cops!!" rhetoric start flowing I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I believe it was suicide by cop and think in this case he gave the officers no other choice. I do however think that in the other case where the officer pumped 6-10 bullets into a unarmed lady driving away in a jeep was overkill but that is a different thread.