• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More on the legality of school carry from WNEM

xmanhockey7

I wonder if that reporter had a CCW*. He was carrying that gun concealed of course it may have been a fake gun. Too bad the gun shop guy said once you get in your car you can't have it carried openly. Oh well at least they got the part about needing a CWP* to carry on school right.

*Denotes sarcasm

TheQ

I think what Duncan meant was you can't get into the car unless you have a CPL. I know in a car it is "Carried Otherwise" but for the average Joe and public it's easy enough to say that the guys concealed.

People need to realize there is a limit to the depth and technicality you can have on a 2 to 3 minutes article.

mudvr1212

I wonder if that reporter had a CCW*. He was carrying that gun concealed of course it may have been a fake gun. Too bad the gun shop guy said once you get in your car you can't have it carried openly. Oh well at least they got the part about needing a CWP* to carry on school right.

*Denotes sarcasm

I was wondering the same thing.
I paused the video and it sure looks like a real glock with a magazine in it.

xmanhockey7

I was wondering the same thing.
I paused the video and it sure looks like a real glock with a magazine in it.

By law it doesn't matter whether there is a magazine in it or not. A concealed gun is a concealed gun.

Ken56

But, he was in the gun shop, private property, and may have had the owners permission to do it for the story possibily ?? My guess is he has his permit.

Yance

The exceptions in MCL 750.227 are quite clear, in your dwelling home, place of business (more so a business you own), or on land possessed by the person. Even if the store owner says "yeah its ok to conceal" he is still committing a felony.

I would be interested to know if he has a CPL or not though...

Last edited:

HKcarrier

SInce they are being smartasses about the guy legally OCing at the school (probably during non-school hours when there aren't kids around), it would be funny to get another channel to do an expose on the news reporter illegally carrying a concealed weapon.... ;)