• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denver 9 News Anchor/Idiot Bitten on Face! - MOVED TO LOUNGE

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Off Topic, but Relevant to Coloradoans!

There surely is a huge fuss about Kyle Dyer of 9 news getting her face bit by a dog known as Max. The day before yesterday the incident, Max made news when he was rescued from a lake out in Lakewood (how ironic is that?). Max, chasing a coyote, went out onto the ice and fell through. Lakewood fire department came to rescue the dog and pulled him out of the water after a 20 minute ordeal.

Next day, Max gets dragged into the studios of 9 News and Kyle Dyer looms herself over the dog, and gets in his face, despite signs from Max that he was powerfully uncomfortable being come upon the way she was doing. Eventually, she just crossed the line and the dog bit her lip.

9News was reporting Dyer as being in "reconstructive surgery" and made it sound like the dog simply attacked her. Truth be told, she got into the face of a highly stressed out dog that just 24 hours earlier barely survived misfortune at the lake. Then was taken into the strange environment of a television studio where some woman stuck herself in dominance positions, then got in his face... And everybody's surprised she got bit. Really????

The videos are getting hard to find as 9News appears to be suppressing the story.
I had to change links because the one I originally posted got pulled off the net!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyA8yjUYxJQ&feature=related

Max is now in "doggie slammer" and questions swirl as to his eventual fate.

Maybe we could do some sort of demonstration to keep Max from possible destruction!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The dog didn't look overly provoked. However, she did get in the face of an basically unknown dog. Hopefully, there will be a large public outcry if they try to put the dog to sleep.

Might I add that this is totally off-topic and should probably be in the social lounge. Shame on you M...:)

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

The dog didn't look overly provoked. However, she did get in the face of an basically unknown dog. Hopefully, there will be a large public outcry if they try to put the dog to sleep.

Might I add that this is totally off-topic and should probably be in the social lounge. Shame on you M...:)

Howdy SD!
You are totally correct. I shoulda posted in the social lounge.
That's what happens when you start posting when just rolling out of bed.
I really should wait until I wake up first.
Then again, this is the Colorado board, and this story is uniquely about a Colorado personality.

I appreciate the reiminder. Now I wonder if I can move it over there myself or not?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JamesB

Howdy SD!
You are totally correct. I shoulda posted in the social lounge.
That's what happens when you start posting when just rolling out of bed.
I really should wait until I wake up first.
Then again, this is the Colorado board, and this story is uniquely about a Colorado personality.

I appreciate the reiminder. Now I wonder if I can move it over there myself or not?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Na, it's Colorado...Just add a OT warning to the original post...