• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

75 year old fights off car jackers

Firearms Iinstuctor

Good news in Wis.

Man fights off carjackers
1:25

Army veteran Alex Weber's kindness nearly cost him his car after he said a man and a woman asked for his help. (Source: WISN/CNN)

SOMERS, WI (WISN/CNN) – It is said that "no good deeds goes unpunished," and that seems to be true for a 75-year-old Wisconsin man who fought of carjackers in his driveway after doing them a favor.

Army veteran Alex Weber's kindness nearly cost him his car after he said a man and a woman asked for his help.

"A woman got out of the car and said, ‘Hey we're out of gas,' and I said OK, I don't have any here but I'll get you some," Weber said.

Weber said he took the man and woman for a ride to a nearby Kwik Trip and then drove back to his home in Somers to fill the tank. On the way home, Weber said the man tried to attack him with a tire iron, while yelling for the woman to get the keys.

"All at once I see this tire iron come over my head. I just dropped the gas and grabbed the rod," Weber said.

Weber kept the keys and his cool and ran towards his house to call the police. His assailants took off for Walmart where deputies spotted their car and found them inside.

Deputies said both assailants tried to take off, and the man had to be shot with a Taser gun.

Police said the suspects are from Iowa and were both on probation

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Good news in Wis.

Man fights off carjackers
1:25

Army veteran Alex Weber's kindness nearly cost him his car after he said a man and a woman asked for his help. (Source: WISN/CNN)

SOMERS, WI (WISN/CNN) – It is said that "no good deeds goes unpunished," and that seems to be true for a 75-year-old Wisconsin man who fought of carjackers in his driveway after doing them a favor.

Army veteran Alex Weber's kindness nearly cost him his car after he said a man and a woman asked for his help.

"A woman got out of the car and said, ‘Hey we're out of gas,' and I said OK, I don't have any here but I'll get you some," Weber said.

Weber said he took the man and woman for a ride to a nearby Kwik Trip and then drove back to his home in Somers to fill the tank. On the way home, Weber said the man tried to attack him with a tire iron, while yelling for the woman to get the keys.

"All at once I see this tire iron come over my head. I just dropped the gas and grabbed the rod," Weber said.

Weber kept the keys and his cool and ran towards his house to call the police. His assailants took off for Walmart where deputies spotted their car and found them inside.

Deputies said both assailants tried to take off, and the man had to be shot with a Taser gun.

Police said the suspects are from Iowa and were both on probation

It's too bad the old guy wasn't armed. He could have tested the newly passed Castle Doctrine while defending himself in his driveway or in his vehicle.

Apparently this was here in Kenosha county. Here is the link: http://www.wisn.com/news/30404196/detail.html

Last edited:

protias

Good job to him! Always remember to not piss off old people. They didn't get to be old by being dumb.

protias

LOL...here is a story I think you will get a laugh from!: http://www.wisn.com/news/30403818/detail.html

Decepticon! Makes me wonder how many others are out there acting like fools.

This is why I'm a big proponent of MARKED police vehicles. It is impossible to know if is a real police officer or not. Anyone can buy red and blue lights with a siren, plus a police uniform. There are a number of stories where someone gets pulled over by an impersonator, only to get assaulted.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

... It is impossible to know if is a real police officer or not. Anyone can buy red and blue lights with a siren, plus a police uniform. There are a number of stories where someone gets pulled over by an impersonator, only to get assaulted.
It will be interesting to hear the arguments against a citizen that ensures his safety and the safety of the enforcer in selecting where he stops in response to the order. Acknowledge the order, perhaps with hazard flashers, by pulling off the the travel lane and proceed safely slowly to a populated location or even the police shop or the magistrates office. Then stop, secure your vehicle and greet the officer.

MilProGuy

...Weber kept the keys and his cool and ran towards his house to call the police. His assailants took off for Walmart where deputies spotted their car and found them inside.

Deputies said both assailants tried to take off, and the man had to be shot with a Taser gun...

I love to read a story with a happy ending. :monkey

Too bad the woman didn't get a good dose of the taser, too.