• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Three Tiers of Police-Citizen Encounters

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Interesting training. Lets the regular joe understand the method therefore allowing him a counterattack to unjustified stops.

I would like to be able to send this to BPD. Nah, they don't have to train

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Nice post Mainsail!

One thing I didn't see adressed or maybe I just missed it was what if the officer feels he has RAS and the "suspect" doesn't consent, does that move to arrest or back to consensual?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Nice post Mainsail!

One thing I didn't see adressed or maybe I just missed it was what if the officer feels he has RAS and the "suspect" doesn't consent, does that move to arrest or back to consensual?
Possibly still in the investigative Detention mode, but asked them yourself.

From their website.

Still Have Questions?
No problem. Just ask and we will make sure we point you in the right direction!

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

They also never mentioned that during an investigative detention, if they ask a question that would tend to elicit a response that could show culpability, Miranda quite possibly would be needed.

sudden valley gunner

They also never mentioned that during an investigative detention, if they ask a question that would tend to elicit a response that could show culpability, Miranda quite possibly would be needed.

I thought he did allude to that,but could have been more clear. I think videos like this should be shown to school kids. Maybe with some civilian input to clarify some the questions we may have. And a few more cites for proof.
Over all a pretty good job though.

Fallschirjmäger

Allude? .... People keep using that word.
But, in this case I think it means what you think it means.
inigo-thumb-375xauto-2548.jpg

Inigo would be proud.

sudden valley gunner