• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Negligent Discharges Happen

SigGuy23

Activist Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

Video isn't myself. Found it on youtube.

But it's informative about how negligent discharges can happen to anyone.

As he slowed down the video you could clearly see before he even finished bringing the weapon up, he had his finger straight and started curling it as soon as it cleared the holster. He then pulled the trigger because of the excitment of trying to go fast.

This is where rule number 3 comes into effect. ALWAYS keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you intend to fire.

Practice good trigger control and you will never have a ND. At least like that anyways.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

This is where rule number 3 comes into effect. ALWAYS keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you intend to fire. Practice good trigger control and you will never have a ND. At least like that anyways.
Well said. A corollary of the precepts of gun safety, LOADED MUZZLE TRIGGER TARGET, is that to fire a gun one or more must be violated negligently or purposefully. Quick Draw shot himself negligently.

swampduc

yea

Most always buy morrons. Negligent Discharge got u kicked Off The Teams when I was In Army if it didnt get u killed

DWCook

Activist Member
When you say firing teams, are you referring to just being at the range qualifying? If that's the case my favorite incident was when a active duty Army Sergeant was at Mountain Home Air Force base for some reason doing his qualify shooting. He decided to ignore the range instructor and do his own thing, nothing really happened to the guy except for making himself look like an ass. Scared the piss out of me though when he decided to start swinging his rifle side to side while firing.

bensonusaf

This could have definitely been avoided, which he admitted, but I think its a good thing he posted it. Shows maturity and humility, in my book. And a clear example of what NOT to do.

Reminds me vaguely of something an old instructor told me once, "You spend enough time around guns, one'll go off when you don't mean it to." His examples were discharges due to poor maintenance, design flaws, and/or situational things, but I've seen it proven true on a couple of occasions.

On a comical note, it also reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWWJaTEdD0

REALteach4u

As he states in the video this is directly related to improper use of equipment or improper training with equipment. It is not the fault of the product in any way.

This is exactly the kind of issue that occurs with the sympathetic grip and it can happen with ANY holster.

Last edited:

HKcarrier

You've got to see this one...

NSFW language

[video=youtube;XTGmTrQXrwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTGmTrQXrwg[/video]