• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On MSN; Rossen Reports: Anyone can buy guns, no questions asked

SFCRetired

"Rossen Report"

I have never, in my life, read such a collection of pure, uneducated crap! And, when you try to post a negative comment, the site decides that your post is "spam".

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454#.TzPwpVxSQsI

"Hundreds of thousands of guns are for sale, on hundreds of websites. We responded and set up meetings at popular shopping malls. We bought everything from a police-grade pistol to a semiautomatic assault rifle. We did it over and over again, even hinting that our buyer is a criminal.
Within 12 hours, we bought eight dangerous guns – even a 50-caliber weapon so powerful it could take down a helicopter."

If you've got the stomach for it, read this and see if you have more luck than I did telling this guy, diplomatically of course, that he is an idiot.

What, pray tell, is a "police-grade pistol"? And I may be an ignorant old man, but i though all firearms were dangerous. I also have my doubts about them buying a .50 caliber weapon from a private seller. Something is just not right about that business.

jbone

That Article just smells of Anti.

Almost tossed my breakfest with this part "As for the eight guns we bought, we turned them over the the Phoenix police department... where they will be destroyed."

Funny how he failed to mention Holder's gun sales to drug dealers in Mexico, that have killed American's!

Contrarian

"Loophole"

Be nice to see the unedited footage - did the sellers even try to explain the concept of 'private party sales' to these nimrods?
Always good to hear the 'semi-automatic assault rifle' line, too. Or the dreaded 'hollow point bullets'.

The only source they cite is the Mayors against Illegal guns - always good to balance out your reporting...

Too bad he won't investigate those terrible assault vehicles sold every day in the newspaper...and it's LEGAL!
They kill far more every day than a private sale pistol.

Daylen

Didn't you know? Constitutionally protected rights are just silly loopholes that need to be done away with.

nobama

Didn't you know? Constitutionally protected rights are just silly loopholes that need to be done away with.

Americans against illegal gun laws!! What a bunch of bed wetting %$$ hats. Yea,anybody that can lagally own a gun can purchase a gun.How about letting them know that its just as easy to buy illegal drugs, but guns are legal so they should be easy. I say send them a one way ticket outa here.

Daylen

Americans against illegal gun laws!! What a bunch of bed wetting %$$ hats. Yea,anybody that can lagally own a gun can purchase a gun.How about letting them know that its just as easy to buy illegal drugs, but guns are legal so they should be easy. I say send them a one way ticket outa here.

At least almost no one watches msnbc :)