Thread: Safariland ALS 6377/6378 Compatibility

Safariland ALS 6377/6378 Compatibility

I currently carry a 1911 compact (Officer) with the Blackhawk Serpa holster. I'm interested in switching to a different holster with some form of retention. I was looking at the Safariland ALS 6377/6378. Can anyone tell me if it will fit the 1911 Officer size?

go to their website they have a fit chart listed for that.

www.safariland.com
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Thanks for the responses. I had checked those links before, but they only specify the Commander size. I was wondering if anyone had used the holster with the smaller size. Of course, I could always use this as an excuse to buy another gun ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyer with a Gun View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I had checked those links before, but they only specify the Commander size. I was wondering if anyone had used the holster with the smaller size. Of course, I could always use this as an excuse to buy another gun ...
    You might have to get a G17 or 22. Just about every holster made will fit these guns.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    You might have to get a G17 or 22. Just about every holster made will fit these guns.
    I was hoping to stick with the 1911 platform.

Unfortunately I don't see a 6377/6378 holster listed for the Officer's Model.

But give Safariland a call at 800-347-1200 -- in my experience they're great at answering your questions and even get back to you if they don't know the answer right off. I called about my Gold Cup (which has a sight rib on top of the slde, unlike a standard Government Model 1911) fitting a 6377 and they didn't know. Got a call back the next day with the answer (which was yes, BTW).

O2

Ps. The added benefit is if they doon't make it, but they get enough calls, they will start making it!