• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safariland ALS 6377/6378 Compatibility

Lawyer with a Gun

I currently carry a 1911 compact (Officer) with the Blackhawk Serpa holster. I'm interested in switching to a different holster with some form of retention. I was looking at the Safariland ALS 6377/6378. Can anyone tell me if it will fit the 1911 Officer size?

Lawyer with a Gun

Thanks for the responses. I had checked those links before, but they only specify the Commander size. I was wondering if anyone had used the holster with the smaller size. Of course, I could always use this as an excuse to buy another gun ...

xmanhockey7

Thanks for the responses. I had checked those links before, but they only specify the Commander size. I was wondering if anyone had used the holster with the smaller size. Of course, I could always use this as an excuse to buy another gun ...

You might have to get a G17 or 22. Just about every holster made will fit these guns.

O2HeN2

Unfortunately I don't see a 6377/6378 holster listed for the Officer's Model.

But give Safariland a call at 800-347-1200 -- in my experience they're great at answering your questions and even get back to you if they don't know the answer right off. I called about my Gold Cup (which has a sight rib on top of the slde, unlike a standard Government Model 1911) fitting a 6377 and they didn't know. Got a call back the next day with the answer (which was yes, BTW).

O2

Ps. The added benefit is if they doon't make it, but they get enough calls, they will start making it!