Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Texas!

Moving to Texas!

Well, I have gotten a great job in the Lone Star state and I am on my way to Texas! I just wanted to say good bye to all my open carry friends here in Michigan. I will miss you guys and girls a lot and I will miss being able to open carry as well! I will leave my contact info here as soon as my house address has been finalized!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    we say goodbye to you, as you say goodbye to OC. you will be missed.
    good luck! if i'm ever in your hood visiting my wife's family, i'll be sure to say hi.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Good luck. It was nice meeting and working with you.

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    Well, I have gotten a great job in the Lone Star state and I am on my way to Texas! I just wanted to say good bye to all my open carry friends here in Michigan. I will miss you guys and girls a lot and I will miss being able to open carry as well! I will leave my contact info here as soon as my house address has been finalized!
    We only met once and did not get much time to talk, good luck and enjoy the big state of Texas.......they are getting a might big man! From one Combat Vet to another, stay strong brother!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

best of luck in your new home, thanks for helping OC here in MI

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    we say goodbye to you, as you say goodbye to OC. you will be missed.
    good luck! if i'm ever in your hood visiting my wife's family, i'll be sure to say hi.
    I have a room to spare, so please do!

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Good luck. It was nice meeting and working with you.
    And you!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Good Luck, We'll miss your enthusiasm for civil freedom. Keep posting and work to get OC back to Texas.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Congrats on the new job!...Dont forget to stop in here every once in a while
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Great news on the job and house. Wish you all the best sir.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Great news! I like Texas, what I've seen of it. Whereabouts in Texas will you be moving to?

But yeah, the no OC thing sucks. Still better than NY, NJ, or some other states!
    Last edited by griffin; 02-09-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

I too want to extend my hand & welcome you to the Lone Star State! If you're in the Houston area, I can help you find places to buy & shoot. I am slightly partial to West Houston Shooters Club (www.whidpa.com) as I've been a member for about 15 yrs now!!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Great news! I like Texas, what I've seen of it. Whereabouts in Texas will you be moving to?

But yeah, the no OC thing sucks. Still better than NY, NJ, or some other states!
    El Paso, area right on the old rio grande river area.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    I too want to extend my hand & welcome you to the Lone Star State! If you're in the Houston area, I can help you find places to buy & shoot. I am slightly partial to West Houston Shooters Club (www.whidpa.com) as I've been a member for about 15 yrs now!!
    El Paso, how far is that from houston? I would love to meet up if possible!

Best wishes on the new adventure. We'll miss you and your unnecessarily long and complicated username

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

It made sense at the time!!! Sir! Great my 901 post and I have to use it to rebut a post from you! C'mon!
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 02-10-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    It made sense at the time!!! Sir! Great my 901 post and I have to use it to rebut a post from you! C'mon!
    I feel your pain Sir

Most people have never seen a Nigh Hawk Custom 45 ACP before, I know I had not until I met you.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

El Paso, area right on the old rio grande river area.
    West Texas! I went through there last October. I like the Davis Mountains/Big Bend area. West Texas is not like the eastern side of the state.
    El Paso, how far is that from houston?
    About ten thousand miles.
    Last edited by griffin; 02-10-2012 at 03:52 AM.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Great news! Best of luck to you. Sorry to see you can't OC there... but maybe you can try to get things going down there to get OC back..

Good luck with the move, new job, new house, and the rest of the big changes in your life...

Carry on!!!
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Great news!!!

Good bye!!!

Keep in mind that a no gun sign in TX means something, you shouldn't "not see" them there.

I hope you speak Spanish or are willing to learn. I went through there a few months ago and on Hwy 10 many of the billboards were in Spanish, so I am thinking that would be the common language in the area.

Banned
    You'll be missed.

Something like 600 miles! Didn't anybody tell ya Texas was BIG!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Sad that I was never able to meet you in person; honored to have had the discussions we had during your time here. Come back when you get a chance... and change those oppressive Texas laws regarding OC and maybe more of us would drive through and say hi.

Keep in touch, you will be missed!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post

Something like 600 miles! Didn't anybody tell ya Texas was BIG!
    Since I hardly ever left Ft. Hood I never did get much of a geography lesson while enlisted, but yes I know how big Texas is. I plan on spending as much time as I outdoors, I already have my park maps!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Sad that I was never able to meet you in person; honored to have had the discussions we had during your time here. Come back when you get a chance... and change those oppressive Texas laws regarding OC and maybe more of us would drive through and say hi.

Keep in touch, you will be missed!
    Indeed sir, I will be back and forth from here and El Paso quite a bit so theres still a good chance of a meeting. I'll be brain picking you guys about how to get OC back in Texas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    West Texas! I went through there last October. I like the Davis Mountains/Big Bend area. West Texas is not like the eastern side of the state. About ten thousand miles.
    Is that a heavily forested area? or more of a dessert enviroment?

Mountainous desert.
    Wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast