Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    El Paso, how far is that from houston? I would love to meet up if possible!
    LOL, time to re-calibrate your "close" meter.

I live in Texas. When my oldest went TDY to an Army course at Fort Bliss (El Paso), he was closer to his barracks in California than he was to my house in Texas.

Of course, driving 200 miles for lunch isn't unheard of here, either.

I've never been to Michigan so I have no idea what it's like there but I have been to El Paso. I'll put it this way I hope you love your job because there is nothing in El Paso. Maybe after you're there for awhile you can get transferred to east Texas. Either way congrats.

I am just fine with nothing, in fact the more the better! My time will be spent working, and shooting hopefully not at the same time. But I am the out doors type so I hear the big bend area is full of places to hike and camp so I plan on doing that as much as I can.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Here's a pic I took off of my hotel balcony in Big Bend one afternoon. I think there were only two people in the park that day, not counting rangers.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    I feel your pain Sir

Most people have never seen a Nigh Hawk Custom 45 ACP before, I know I had not until I met you.
    SO THATS what it meant, I thought it was code for something secret!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    Dooooh! Now that I slipped up and let the secret out I'm a goner

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    It is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Banned
    When you post from now on, is it going to have a southern accent?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    When you post from now on, is it going to have a southern accent?
    i don't think southern is the kind of accent that you hear in el paso.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Here's a pic I took off of my hotel balcony in Big Bend one afternoon. I think there were only two people in the park that day, not counting rangers.

Beautiful to a geologist.
    Special offer - buy a copy of "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" and get a free copy of "Bond of Unseen Blood" Go to http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

...and to rattlesnakes and scorpions.

I have already gotten a tactical thigh rig for my can of Raid!

be careful walking outside in el paso-

http://news.yahoo.com/mother-pushing...025450756.html
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    i don't think southern is the kind of accent that you hear in el paso.
    Yes I am aware of that incident and since my job will be in Juarez I will be extra alert to my surroundings. The 2 leg variety of pest is what I worry more about, scorpions, spiders and snakes don't bother me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    be careful walking outside in el paso-

http://news.yahoo.com/mother-pushing...025450756.html
    Did anybody read the comments below the story? An illegal bullet lmfao

YES It was a very illegal bullet! ammo brought into the US from a foriegn country that hasn't had all the paper work signed dotted and crossed is indeed illegal! It dose not matter how it got here, just that it did! I would sign off on a SEAL team going over and returning it for that lady who got injured. And I find it hard to believe that El Paso is really such a wonderfully safe city since it borders the Mexican murder capital, I would put money on a lot of reclassed crime stats and padding of numbers.
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 02-23-2012 at 03:53 AM.

OC friend

It was good to meet and talk with you on many diffrent occassions. Thank you for your continued support and help when we went to pontiac city council. You take care my family lives in waco texas so maybe ill see you sometime. I plan on moving to florida in a year or so.

Be safe down there Shaun.

I hear Texas has a Problem with Hogs. Go out and fulfill your civil duty - BANG BANG BACON!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12