• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Texas!

mark-in-texas

El Paso, how far is that from houston? I would love to meet up if possible!

Something like 600 miles! Didn't anybody tell ya Texas was BIG! :D

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Sad that I was never able to meet you in person; honored to have had the discussions we had during your time here. Come back when you get a chance... and change those oppressive Texas laws regarding OC and maybe more of us would drive through and say hi. :D

Keep in touch, you will be missed!

NHCGRPR45

Something like 600 miles! Didn't anybody tell ya Texas was BIG! :D

Since I hardly ever left Ft. Hood I never did get much of a geography lesson while enlisted, but yes I know how big Texas is. I plan on spending as much time as I outdoors, I already have my park maps!

Sad that I was never able to meet you in person; honored to have had the discussions we had during your time here. Come back when you get a chance... and change those oppressive Texas laws regarding OC and maybe more of us would drive through and say hi. :D

Keep in touch, you will be missed!

Indeed sir, I will be back and forth from here and El Paso quite a bit so theres still a good chance of a meeting. I'll be brain picking you guys about how to get OC back in Texas as well.

KBCraig

LOL, time to re-calibrate your "close" meter.

I live in Texas. When my oldest went TDY to an Army course at Fort Bliss (El Paso), he was closer to his barracks in California than he was to my house in Texas.

Of course, driving 200 miles for lunch isn't unheard of here, either.

.40S&W

I've never been to Michigan so I have no idea what it's like there but I have been to El Paso. I'll put it this way I hope you love your job because there is nothing in El Paso. Maybe after you're there for awhile you can get transferred to east Texas. Either way congrats.

NHCGRPR45

I am just fine with nothing, in fact the more the better! My time will be spent working, and shooting hopefully not at the same time. But I am the out doors type so I hear the big bend area is full of places to hike and camp so I plan on doing that as much as I can.

griffin

Here's a pic I took off of my hotel balcony in Big Bend one afternoon. I think there were only two people in the park that day, not counting rangers.

BigBend.jpg