• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Texas!

NHCGRPR45

Well, I have gotten a great job in the Lone Star state and I am on my way to Texas! I just wanted to say good bye to all my open carry friends here in Michigan. I will miss you guys and girls a lot and I will miss being able to open carry as well! I will leave my contact info here as soon as my house address has been finalized!

Onnie

Well, I have gotten a great job in the Lone Star state and I am on my way to Texas! I just wanted to say good bye to all my open carry friends here in Michigan. I will miss you guys and girls a lot and I will miss being able to open carry as well! I will leave my contact info here as soon as my house address has been finalized!

We only met once and did not get much time to talk, good luck and enjoy the big state of Texas.......they are getting a might big man! From one Combat Vet to another, stay strong brother!

griffin

Great news! I like Texas, what I've seen of it. Whereabouts in Texas will you be moving to?

But yeah, the no OC thing sucks. Still better than NY, NJ, or some other states!

Last edited:

mark-in-texas

I too want to extend my hand & welcome you to the Lone Star State! If you're in the Houston area, I can help you find places to buy & shoot. I am slightly partial to West Houston Shooters Club (www.whidpa.com) as I've been a member for about 15 yrs now!!

NHCGRPR45

Great news! I like Texas, what I've seen of it. Whereabouts in Texas will you be moving to?

But yeah, the no OC thing sucks. Still better than NY, NJ, or some other states!

El Paso, area right on the old rio grande river area.

I too want to extend my hand & welcome you to the Lone Star State! If you're in the Houston area, I can help you find places to buy & shoot. I am slightly partial to West Houston Shooters Club (www.whidpa.com) as I've been a member for about 15 yrs now!!

El Paso, how far is that from houston? I would love to meet up if possible!

HKcarrier

Great news! Best of luck to you. Sorry to see you can't OC there... but maybe you can try to get things going down there to get OC back..

Good luck with the move, new job, new house, and the rest of the big changes in your life...

Carry on!!!

Super Trucker

Keep in mind that a no gun sign in TX means something, you shouldn't "not see" them there.

I hope you speak Spanish or are willing to learn. I went through there a few months ago and on Hwy 10 many of the billboards were in Spanish, so I am thinking that would be the common language in the area.