• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHP renewal, different county

beradcee

Had my original permit issued by Prince William County. Moved to Stafford County. Did official change of address stuff but never had my permit changed. When I send off for renewal, which county do I send it to? I know that VA Code says that the issuing county is supposed to change the address on it. Does that include for renewal? Or is that just to have your address changed on the permit?

Last edited:

Jay

Had my original permit issued by Prince William County. Moved to Stafford County. Did official change of address stuff but never had my permit changed. When I send off for renewal, which county do I send it to? I know that VA Code says that the issuing county is supposed to change the address on it. Does that include for renewal? Or is that just to have your address changed on the permit?

You do not have to do a change of address on your permit it is still valid until expiration. Upon renewal make application in the district of where your new address is or the one showing up on your drivers license.

In Albemarle County I hand delivered it and never provided proof of address dropping it off. I'm sure when I pick it up they will ask then.