Thread: Kitsap Rifle And Revolver Club Ordered to shut down temporarily

Kitsap Rifle And Revolver Club Ordered to shut down temporarily

Angry

RUBISH!

"The judge issued an injunction that prohibits use of the property as a shooting range until violations of Kitsap County's zoning code are resolved including the need for after-the-fact permits that place limits on range activities. The injunction specifically prohibits fully automatic firearms, including machine guns; rifles greater than .30 caliber; exploding targets and cannons; and any shooting before 9 a.m. or after 7 p.m."

Last I checked machine guns are already prohibited in WA. Cannons-really. Hours: M-F 11am - 7pm (issue?) S-S 8am - 4pm.

"Serko found that rapid-fire shooting often begins as early as 7 a.m. and might end as late as 10 p.m." (so where did these hours come from?)

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/f...#ixzz1lwrwpJX1
    Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/f...#ixzz1lwqoGY8i

More reason to ease up on the suppressor laws.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    More reason to ease up on the suppressor laws.
    Suppressors are now legal to use in Washington state, while observing all ATF regs.

Quote Originally Posted by aktion View Post
    Suppressors are now legal to use in Washington state, while observing all ATF regs.
    Right know that, I just mean the $200 BS tax stamp etc. Also if they were more excepted, I bet the price would come down with higher volume. Right now a decent suppressor not including stamp costs as much as half my collection.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Oh, I'm with you on that. Do away with ATF, 200 tax is right back in my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post

Last I checked machine guns are already prohibited in WA.
    There are some MGs that are grandfathered. I know several non-ffl, civilians that own them.

And maybe they do LEO training there.

Plus the judge obviously wanted to make it sound as scary as possible. OMG machine guns and canons, oh my.

Obviously this calls for TWENTY ONE propane powered bird bangers -- which would be allowed per the ruling it seems. Let them run 7 days a week, 8 hours per day.

Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 02-10-2012 at 01:57 AM.

LEO and the military use this range for training as well.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    LEO and the military use this range for training as well.
    Don't the Military use their own range(s) at Camp Wesley Harris and the new range facility at Bangor?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Don't the Military use their own range(s) at Camp Wesley Harris and the new range facility at Bangor?
    I don't know. What I do know is that at the hearing in Olympia I spoke with members of the Kitsap range and LEO and the military use the Kitsap range.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 02-10-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Camp Wesly Harris has been shut down for nearly 15 years. mainly due to new housing in the area. Too bad, the 600 yd range was a great place to shoot.

Dam now were will I take my Howitzer to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Camp Wesly Harris has been shut down for nearly 15 years. mainly due to new housing in the area. Too bad, the 600 yd range was a great place to shoot.
    Been a long time since I've been back there. I grew up in a house that's now a storage building in the middle of Clear Creek Nursery. Used to go out to Camp Wesley Harris when they held Qualifications there. If it closed because of the housing around it then that area sure has built up. It used to be in the middle of nowhere. Looks like housing is going to be the end of the private range too.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Amlevin, it looks like I mis spoke. The 600 yd was closewd, and the other parts were reportedly still in use as late as 2004.

Amlevin, it looks like I mis spoke. The 600 yd was closed, and the other parts were reportedly still in use as late as 2004.
    Your e-mail request is currently being worked on.

I live 10 min from the range. It was a enjoyable place to shoot, it's a sad day as I doubt this will be the last one. It appears blue sky ranges are on the agenda.

They did this to Interlake a few years back, when POLICE OFFICERS using their facility for training sent rounds into nearby houses. It's back up and running now afaik, after a court battle.

The bullets in the upper edge of the berm was information I had not seen previously. Additional safeguards don't seem out of place.

Kitsap County government is so anti freedom, anti gun, anti everything it's insane. They want to be another Seattle. The sad thing is the people of the county are in my opinion mostly conservative yet somehow these left of liberal Seattlites somehow have managed to stay in power for a long time. They won't be happy till all shooting ranges in the county are shut down and any shooting of any kind in the county is made a crime. On top of their anti gun view they are also anti small business and anti home business, insisting that small home businesses get the same licensing and process as major land developers. They will continue to approve sale and development of lands around ranges for homes and schools so they can shut the range down for "public safety." Our POS county prosecutor has been after KRRC and the Carters personally for a long time. It is clearly a personal vendetta on his part.