• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap Rifle And Revolver Club Ordered to shut down temporarily

golddigger14s

Activist Member
RUBISH!

"The judge issued an injunction that prohibits use of the property as a shooting range until violations of Kitsap County's zoning code are resolved — including the need for after-the-fact permits that place limits on range activities. The injunction specifically prohibits fully automatic firearms, including machine guns; rifles greater than .30 caliber; exploding targets and cannons; and any shooting before 9 a.m. or after 7 p.m."

Last I checked machine guns are already prohibited in WA. Cannons-really. Hours: M-F 11am - 7pm (issue?) S-S 8am - 4pm.

"Serko found that rapid-fire shooting often begins as early as 7 a.m. and might end as late as 10 p.m." (so where did these hours come from?)

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/...sap-rifle-and-revolver-club-to/#ixzz1lwrwpJX1
Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/...sap-rifle-and-revolver-club-to/#ixzz1lwqoGY8i

More reason to ease up on the suppressor laws.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Suppressors are now legal to use in Washington state, while observing all ATF regs.

Right know that, I just mean the $200 BS tax stamp etc. Also if they were more excepted, I bet the price would come down with higher volume. Right now a decent suppressor not including stamp costs as much as half my collection.

Dave_pro2a

Last I checked machine guns are already prohibited in WA.

There are some MGs that are grandfathered. I know several non-ffl, civilians that own them.

And maybe they do LEO training there.

Plus the judge obviously wanted to make it sound as scary as possible. OMG machine guns and canons, oh my.

Obviously this calls for TWENTY ONE propane powered bird bangers -- which would be allowed per the ruling it seems. Let them run 7 days a week, 8 hours per day.

propane_cannon.jpg

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Don't the Military use their own range(s) at Camp Wesley Harris and the new range facility at Bangor?

Camp Wesly Harris has been shut down for nearly 15 years. mainly due to new housing in the area. Too bad, the 600 yd range was a great place to shoot.

amlevin

Camp Wesly Harris has been shut down for nearly 15 years. mainly due to new housing in the area. Too bad, the 600 yd range was a great place to shoot.

Been a long time since I've been back there. I grew up in a house that's now a storage building in the middle of Clear Creek Nursery. Used to go out to Camp Wesley Harris when they held Qualifications there. If it closed because of the housing around it then that area sure has built up. It used to be in the middle of nowhere. Looks like housing is going to be the end of the private range too.

Trigger Dr

Amlevin, it looks like I mis spoke. The 600 yd was closewd, and the other parts were reportedly still in use as late as 2004.

Trigger Dr

Amlevin, it looks like I mis spoke. The 600 yd was closed, and the other parts were reportedly still in use as late as 2004.
Your e-mail request is currently being worked on.

divedog

I live 10 min from the range. It was a enjoyable place to shoot, it's a sad day as I doubt this will be the last one. It appears blue sky ranges are on the agenda.

Dave_pro2a

They did this to Interlake a few years back, when POLICE OFFICERS using their facility for training sent rounds into nearby houses. It's back up and running now afaik, after a court battle.

sirpuma

Kitsap County government is so anti freedom, anti gun, anti everything it's insane. They want to be another Seattle. The sad thing is the people of the county are in my opinion mostly conservative yet somehow these left of liberal Seattlites somehow have managed to stay in power for a long time. They won't be happy till all shooting ranges in the county are shut down and any shooting of any kind in the county is made a crime. On top of their anti gun view they are also anti small business and anti home business, insisting that small home businesses get the same licensing and process as major land developers. They will continue to approve sale and development of lands around ranges for homes and schools so they can shut the range down for "public safety." Our POS county prosecutor has been after KRRC and the Carters personally for a long time. It is clearly a personal vendetta on his part.