• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

Jack House

I'd stop, ID, and inconvenience other LEO's for open carry.

I can haz klondike bar nao?
I was totally expecting a "I'll get all of your speeding and red light tickets waived." But this. This is so much better, have two!

Posted using my HTCEvo via Tapatalk

Jack House

Rodbender! Join my army! I'll give you a Klondike bar and let you lead the great Harley Davidson brigade. ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I think Klondike Bars are paranoid--they come all wrapped in tin-foil.

So, if you unwrapped the Klondike Bars (note the plural), then negotiations might move on to when they would be delivered.

Of course, I will need several as a good faith deposit, along with a signed letter of intent, before getting serious about negotiations.

:D

Jack House

I think Klondike Bars are paranoid--they come all wrapped in tin-foil.

So, if you unwrapped the Klondike Bars (note the plural), then negotiations might move on to when they would be delivered.

Of course, I will need several as a good faith deposit, along with a signed letter of intent, before getting serious about negotiations.

what do you have to offer me to make me consider giving you so many Klondike Bars?

Posted using my HTCEvo via Tapatalk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
what do you have to offer me to make me consider giving you so many Klondike Bars.

Oh, no, most honored sir.

First, we discuss who sits on which side of the negotiating table, the size of the water glasses and pitchers, and who is first to leave the room at the end of the first session.

For a Klondike Bar, I will let you decide who sits on which side of the negotiating table.

Last edited:

Jack House

Oh, no, most honored sir.

First, we discuss who sits on which side of the negotiating table, the size of the water glasses and pitchers, and who is first to leave the room at the end of the first session.

For a Klondike Bar, I will let you decide who sits on which side of the negotiating table.

Clever.

However, I'm not too fussy about which side I sit. So I'll let you go ahead and pick a side. :cool:

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP However, I'm not too fussy about which side I sit. So I'll let you go ahead and pick a side. :cool:

Most Honored Sir! thank you, thank you. A most generous concession.

But, also a very weighty responsibility. Very weighty, indeed.

I am afraid that I would deserve a Klondike Bar for taking on such a responsibility.

PS: Actually, it was explained to me some years ago by a co-worker that this is precisely how some Asian governments negotiate. The North Koreans was the example he used, I think. Endless bickering about who sits where at the table, where the water glasses go, who comes into the room first--that sort of thing.

PPS: I won't mention that since you exercised your decision about who sits on which side of the table--by kicking it back to me--you already owe me one Klondike Bar. This is on top of and before the Klondike Bar I deserve for taking on such a weighty responsibility. And, while I have the utmost respect for Most Honored Sir, I am afraid it would only be fair for me to receive the first Klondike Bar before going on--before I decide who sits on which side of the table.

Last edited: