• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Creative parenting: VERY effective computer grounding

georg jetson

Criminal dad...

As far as I can tell...

1. father admitted the laptop was his daughter's so... theft
2. father read daughter's facebook page when he was not permitted... invasion of privacy
3. father videos death of laptop... destruction of (daughter's)private property
4. father demonstrates violent tendencies using a firearm to destroy daughter's property... (threat) domestic violence.

JoeSparky

Centurion
As far as I can tell...

2. father read daughter's facebook page when he was not permitted... invasion of privacy
4. father demonstrates violent tendencies using a firearm to destroy daughter's property... (threat) domestic violence.

Making the assumption that the daughter is < 18 years of age:

Sorry georg but

Child under the age of majority....
1:Laptop provided for her USE by parent--- not her property!
2:Government is limited by Constitution on this NOT parents!
3:See number 1 above
4:No violent tendencies at all--- not out of control in any way.

I don't know that I'd have made the same exact choices as the Dad here but I stand for his right to make a stand!

09jisaac

Lol. It's funny because this is an exact reversal of his previous position on parental discipline.

Exact. Last time he was saying you should be able to beat your kids, now he is saying that you shouldn't be able to destroy something you allow your kids to use and call "theirs".

One of the comments said how aggressive the dad seemed to be. I got the exact opposite from this. It is a whole lot more passive than aggressive. He seemed to be calm and rational throughout the whole video.

VW_Factor

As far as I can tell...

By the way it sounds, she is like 14.

You are funny assuming things.

georg jetson

Sorry georg but

I don't know that I'd have made the same exact choices as the Dad here but I stand for his right to make a stand!

Thank you...

So children have NO property rights from their PARENTS
AND no privacy rights from their PARENTS
AND no protection against threats by their PARENTS??!!!

How can this be?? What rights do children have??

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Thank you...

Hey, that was sneaky! :D Are we now to believe that you think the father was within his authority? If so, I'll retract my previous statement.

georg jetson

Hey, that was sneaky! :D Are we now to believe that you think the father was within his authority? If so, I'll retract my previous statement.

Most certainly he was within his authority... geezzz... the government NEVER has authority over such things.

No retraction necessary... it WAS funny.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I can't imagine dad's measures actually solved anything.

Even if the laptop is dad's property under the law, the laptop was the kid's possession in the kid's mind, just like a toy for a little kid. This has got to be a very serious blow. Way out of proportion to posting a rant on-line. What is dad gonna do when he finds out she's telling her friends the same stuff verbally? Things kids have been saying about their parents for millenia.

There just has to be a better way. Maybe not--I don't know the kid. But, there just has to be.

Last edited:

georg jetson

I can't imagine dad's measures actually solved anything.

Even if the laptop is dad's property under the law, the laptop was the kid's possession in the kid's mind, just like a toy for a little kid. This has got to be a very serious blow. Way out of proportion to posting a rant on-line. What is dad gonna do when he finds out she's telling her friends the same stuff verbally? Things kids have been saying about their parents for millenia.

There just has to be a better way. Maybe not--I don't know the kid. But, there just has to be.

I definitely agree that the parent has made MANY mistakes here. If I may...

#1 This is NONE of anyone's effing business!!
#2 Family business is NONE of anyone's effing business!!
#3 If his child has gotten to this point. It's already his FAULT. He doesn't know what he's doing.
#4 If you begin a proper discipline program with your child very early, rarely will things EVER get to this point.
#5 This is NONE OF ANYONE"S BUSINESS!!! Well, except for the fact that the dad has decided it is... dumbass.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Thank you...

They have the very same PROTECTIONS FROM AN OVERBEARING / OVERREACHING GOVERNMENT that the parents have.
The US FEDERAL Constitution LIMITS government actions: Specifies the LEGITIMATE functions of the federal government, states that the remaining rights/functions are RESERVED TO THE VARIOUS STATES OR THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES!

Parents are NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

georg jetson

They have the very same PROTECTIONS FROM AN OVERBEARING / OVERREACHING GOVERNMENT that the parents have.
The US FEDERAL Constitution LIMITS government actions: Specifies the LEGITIMATE functions of the federal government, states that the remaining rights/functions are RESERVED TO THE VARIOUS STATES OR THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES!

Parents are NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

Well this is a NO $H!T moment.

Maybe I should keep this up...

So who's gonna protect the children from bad parents?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
All this back-and-forth over what "rights" a parent has to dispose of property that may or may not belong to their minor child is just so much wasted hot air.

Is it possible that nobody else really cares that dad paid $1.00 per round for "exploding hollow point bullets"?!!? Most likely these http://www.extremeshockusa.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product_info.html&setup=1 "exploding, hollow point bullets" - at least they have taken the ninjas off the package.

Let's focus here, people. Concentrate on what's important.

stay safe.

HKcarrier

As far as I can tell...

Spoken like a true liberal panty waist!!!! I saw this on FB and the first thing I wondered is how long it would be until dad was jailed for "domestic terrorism" (abuse) as soon as someone from CPS saw it and labeled the dad "dangerous, violent, abusive, ect"

That is not to say I think he didn't cross the line with his theatrics... they were still hilarious.. but I do agree that he may have given off the wrong message....

Sorry georg but

Agreed... she is underage, thus cannot technically even own some of that stuff... (ie cell phone and contract, etc..) He most certainly NEEDED to make a stand... because either he wasn't doing his job, or the kid was just out of control.

Sounds like time for some tough love to me...

Thank you...

None. :) If my kids ever get to the point where they act as if my monitering their activities is some sort of invasion of privacy, severe consequences will result.

My GF let her kid (14) and his buddy have 2 girls over and they were upstairs in his room watching a movie WITH THE DOOR CLOSED AND UNDER BLANKETS. (this would not have happened with MY kids as I wouldn't even let them bein their rooms with girls, let alone with the door closed although she did say to them "no wet fingers, boys")

So later on, she went to check them and had to knock on the door and ***** foot around and the kid got all indignant with her for interupting them, etc... privacy...waaaaa... I told her if it was me and he acted like a little a-hole to me like that, I would promptly REMOVE THE DOOR and tell him once he learns to be respectful to me and REALLY see what no privacy is like then he can have the door back. Also, girls would be LEAVING as well as buddy and kid would be relegated to his doorless room, get his TV yanked, and be forced to READ A BOOK.

Kids these days have it WAAAAAAAAAAY too easy. TVs, computers, xbox, cell phones... all in their room. They stay in their room all the time and don't interact with the family. THey get pissy when their "privacy" is "invaded"... act like jerks because of the smallest things... Those things are PRIVILEDGES... You don't have a right to cable internet in your room. YOu don't have a right to 40" LCD in your room. You want to bitch and moan and complain about "how bad you have it" well you're about to see how bad it can get.

I have no patience for that kind of disrespect and ungratefulness from children. Not having to work for a single thing in their life, having everything their heart desires, etc... My kid's mother does that to them.... she's getting the oldest (7) a laptop for his birthday. Ridiculous. (hi honey. She reads this forum to get dirt on me) I am going to have my work cut out for me... :D

Last edited: