Thread: Open Carry Luncheon and Seminar in Grand Rapids / Kentwood, MI

Cool Open Carry Luncheon and Seminar in Grand Rapids / Kentwood, MI

Michigan Open Carry would like to invite you to attend our Open Carry Luncheon on Saturday March 10th 2012 from 1:30 pm - 3:30pm at Arnie’s Bakery Restaurant. Arnie’s is a local restaurant that is welcoming us and supporting our right to bear arms. I spoke with them and they are excited to have us. Please feel free to bring friends. Lunch will be followed by a seminar at Gander Mountain in Kentwood, MI.

The OC Lunch will be held at:

Arnie’s Bakery Restaurant
    3561 28th Street SE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Saturday March 10th 2012
    1:30pm - 3:30pm

Arnie’s is located near the corner of East Beltline (Broadmoor) and 28th Street, in front of CenterPoint Mall.

The Seminar will follow at 4:00pm at the Gander Mountain located at:

2890 Acquest Avenue SE
    Kentwood, MI 49512

Gander Mountain is located just off 28th Street, right behind the Sam’s Club.

Please RSVP to: sbeahan@miopencarry.org no later than Wednesday, March 7, 2012.

Who is the presenter -- inquiring minds might want to know.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I will be presenting the seminar.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Oh great... We get to listen to Ryan drone on and on again...

Can't wait! Sounds like Yance, and I will be there. I have a newbe coming as well. He just got his cpl, but he needs this seminar, he doesn't know the law well.

Yance bailed!

Quote Originally Posted by bmward64 View Post
    Yance bailed!
    Hope he's got a good reason!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Wish I could come, but I have to work all day

Quote Originally Posted by bmward64 View Post
    Yance bailed!
    You need a carpool? I will be hitting 131 north from I94... if you want a ride I am sure it can be arranged.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

My schedule is pretty full, but I'm going to try to make one or the other this weekend (or both). I will probably be able to stop by for a little while at the class... anything else is pretty improbable.

I am trying to organize a picnic/"eat and greet" for some weekend this summer. Anyone who would like to help, or has an idea for a different type of event which could interest the larger community, feel free to PM or email me. I will post more about this as it progresses.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.