Thread: LAPD's "War Room"

LAPD's "War Room"

Umm...NCIS: Los Angeles envy, I can't explain it. Why don't they come out and say, "We are militarizing our police force." A war room setup to fight citizens...WHAT?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...ting-war-room/

“This is a system that cuts through the red tape, that gets information to the people that need it,” says Chief Beck. He calls it “the brains of the department, twenty-four/seven.”
    Um, isn't that red tape there for a REASON?

And if the surveillance system is the brains of your department, does that mean the police no longer have to use theirs?

Today LAPD’s RACR is the standard operating model for law enforcement agencies worldwide. It’s used as a guidebook on how to protect communities and fight crime.
    Oh yeah, there's absolutely no way this will ever be abused. Ever.

/sarcasm off

"What began as a grass roots idea following the 9/11 terrorist attacks is now a state-of-the-art real-time analysis critical response center."

...and how would this have prevented 9/11? Do they have access to SAMs?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    "What began as a grass roots idea following the 9/11 terrorist attacks is now a state-of-the-art real-time analysis critical response center."

...and how would this have prevented 9/11? Do they have access to SAMs?
    Not yet!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I'm sure this style of policing in big cities is now the norm.

We are witness to the end of a free society in this country. And we welcomed it after 9/11 when we bought the story that our government sold us. We have only ourselves to blame for this.

and that co anchor is hot as ****

wow.
    Last edited by bomber; 02-10-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Um, isn't that red tape there for a REASON?
    Yes, it most certainly is.

And if the surveillance system is the brains of your department, does that mean the police no longer have to use theirs?
    AI is nothing to sneeze at, and can be a very helpful tool, but only if they keep their own noggins in the loop.

Oh yeah, there's absolutely no way this will ever be abused. Ever.

/sarcasm off
    Well, it is fairly 1984, and I sincerely hope they're not allowing their electronics to replace the law with respect to RAS and PC.

But if it takes a bite out of crime while leaving the rights of law-abiding citizens intact, I'm ok with it.
    Last edited by since9; 02-12-2012 at 03:56 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Well, it is fairly 1984, and I sincerely hope they're not allowing their electronics to replace the law with respect to RAS and PC.
    I finally got around to reading 1984 and Animal Farm the other day. I wonder what Orwell would say if he were alive today. It's amazing that he could predict it that easily yet, here we all are and people still naively think all this is just fine and dandy.

Isn't California having a budget crisis right now? I wonder how much all this fun technology cost them.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

I have no cite for this, but I remember hearing once that Orwell's '1984' was actually commissioned propaganda, so that when it actually happened, we would already be accustomed to the concept and resist less.

Imagine that.

I have no cite for this, but I remember hearing once that Orwell's '1984' was actually commissioned propaganda, so that when it actually happened, we would already be accustomed to the concept and resist less.

Imagine that.
    Yeah, that's not tin-foil-hat-worthy or anything. Nope.

Have you read Nineteen Eighty-Four?
    Last edited by marshaul; 02-12-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Yeah, that's not tin-foil-hat-worthy or anything. Nope.
    Not sure if being sarcastic with me or at me It was just something I heard, not something I said I believed.

Have you read Nineteen Eighty-Four?
    Yes, about eleven years ago. Saw the movie last year against my will.

Not sure if being sarcastic with me or at me
    I guess that depends on your take.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my tinfoil hat has cupcakes

I'm sure the SS, I mean LAPD, will continue their exemplary record of respecting constitutional rights. The Ubersturmbahnfuhrer, I mean Chief of police, will insist upon it. He will brief it every morning after the singing of Die Horst Wessel Lied. After all, "Die Strasse frei den braunen Batallionen. Die Strasse frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann." is the motto of law enforcement in the PDR of Kalifornia...
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Just hope it helps the LEOs crack down on people throwing footballs and frisbees on L.A. county beaches. That's the thought that keeps me awake at night.
    Never get complacent. Practice situational awareness. Stay alert stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I'm sure the SS, I mean LAPD, will continue their exemplary record of respecting constitutional rights. The Ubersturmbahnfuhrer, I mean Chief of police, will insist upon it. He will brief it every morning after the singing of Die Horst Wessel Lied. After all, "Die Strasse frei den braunen Batallionen. Die Strasse frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann." is the motto of law enforcement in the PDR of Kalifornia...
    I'm sure Jello Biafra was a bit out there at the time, but his words remind us that we have to be aware at all times.

Now he looks like someone who might be my father... but when he opens his mouth, you know it's Jello.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    I'm sure this style of policing in big cities is now the norm.

We are witness to the end of a free society in this country. And we welcomed it after 9/11 when we bought the story that our government sold us. We have only ourselves to blame for this.

and that co anchor is hot as ****

wow.
    I don't blame myself in anyways and yes, she is!