Thread: 2 $ bills

2 $ bills

There's been a bit of a movement to start using two dollar bills when paying cash for items. This is a point of contact for support of 2A. It can be a means to initiate conversation about gun rights/CCW, and can be seen as an easy and quiet way to continually show support.

Next time you cash your paycheck, you might think about asking for $2 bills.

Let's start associating the two dollar bill with the 2A.

Herr Heckler Koch

$2 bills

Quote Originally Posted by ksks View Post
    Next time you cash your paycheck, you might think about asking for $2 bills. Let's start associating the two dollar bill with the 2A.
    2A::$2 is a good idea. "Cashing a paycheck" is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    2A::$2 is a good idea. "Cashing a paycheck" is mind boggling.
    Lol

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.919749,-77.152348
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Being in the retail business myself, $2.00 bills are nothing but a pain in the arse! There is not a spot for them in many cash drawers, and some employees are dumb enough to mistake them for a $20.00.
    So think about that before doing this, it may backfire

Herr Heckler Koch
    I thought that it is a precept of democrat-capitalism that there ain't no bad publicity.

"Gol durn, look it all them 2 $ bills. We need to ban them gun nuts and their money!"

Same as junk bulk spam mail, a 0.001 return at least pays for the next mailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Being in the retail business myself, $2.00 bills are nothing but a pain in the arse! There is not a spot for them in many cash drawers, and some employees are dumb enough to mistake them for a $20.00.
    I've worked fast food, retail, customer service, ect. A $2 bill is nothing special stick it under the drawer or in the specialty spot. If employees mistake it for a twenty...omg what else do they get wrong. $2 and $20 look way different.

I actually tried getting some $2 bills yesterday and they didn't have any. Looks like I'm going to have to shop around.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I actually tried getting some $2 bills yesterday and they didn't have any. Looks like I'm going to have to shop around.
    When you go to the bank, you can ask to order $2 bills. It will take about a week usually. Last order I did was for $2k in $2 bills. No charge to order. I've done that at M&I and TCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    So is there a spot for $100.00 bills in all cash drawers if not should we quit using those? Why not just put the $2.00 bills under the cash drawer like we do the $100.00 bills at the shop where I work part time? Maybe you should send your employees to currency recognition school if they are dumb enough to mistake a $2.00 bill for a $20.00 bill.

Campaign Veteran
    When I got married, I got $2 bills to tip everyone with. Caterers, bar staff, DJ...... Every once in a while I'll tip at the bars in them as well. Helps you be remembered during future transactions. I wouldn't recommend trying to pay a bill with them or make a purchase at Home Depot (I think most auto bill readers don't recognize the $2 bill either).
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    When I got married, I got $2 bills to tip everyone with. Caterers, bar staff, DJ...... Every once in a while I'll tip at the bars in them as well. Helps you be remembered during future transactions. I wouldn't recommend trying to pay a bill with them or make a purchase at Home Depot (I think most auto bill readers don't recognize the $2 bill either).
    A buddy of mine would go to Mexico (resorts) and bring $2.00 bills with him for tips. They are thought of very highly there for some reason.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

A Better Option

Purchase a custom-made stamp with a pro-2A message and mark all your currency. Maybe something like "This dollar spent by a 2nd Amendment supporter."
    Last edited by apjonas; 02-11-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo

Herr Heckler Koch

Unintended consequences of 18 USC 333

Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    Purchase a custom-made stamp with a pro-2A message and mark all your currency. Maybe something like "This dollar spent by a 2nd Amendment supporter."
    18 USC 333 unintended consequences!

Of course we all know it is not enforced, but it would be used to their advantage.

To be clear, it is a violation of OCDO rules to advocate breaking disagreeable laws.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 02-11-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Of course we all know it is not enforced, but it would be used to their advantage.

To be clear, it is a violation of OCDO rules to advocate breaking disagreeable laws.
    Says the guy currently in violation of OCDO rules.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

I have spent numerous $2 bills over the years. Used to ask for them just because they were different and kinda neat to have and used them sometimes as TaurusToter above mentioned. Never once has it ever been an opportunity for or led to a discussion on 2A. Should we also always look for 2 for 1 sales or 2 packs of stuff to buy just because of the number 2?

I don't think it hurts anything in any way, but I think the concept is sort of silly. What's next - Here's a $20, I support the US Presidential term ending on January 20th. . Maybe spending this will lead to a discussion about that! Hey, here's a $5 bill to pay for that! How's my day? I can't answer that because as you can see from my using a $5 bill I support my 5th amendment right to remain silent!

*shrug* Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Says the guy currently in violation of OCDO rules.
    The moderators don't respond when alerted so they apply the rules selectively or their interpretation of a permanent ban is very different than the rest of us.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Founder's Club Member

$2 Bills For Starbucks on Valentines

I'm already loaded up on $2 bills for supporting Starbucks against the Brady Crime Support Network.

I'm happy to use $2 otherwise, also. Except the goddam banks want photo ID for the transaction. Now, just so we're clear: I go into a bank that is a member of the fiat-money, print-it-at-will Federal Reserve system. I hand them a couple Hamiltons or Jacksons--some of their own worthless diktat currency. And they want my photo ID before they will give me in return some of the same worthless paper currency that I am forced by law to accept in all transactions!?!

Side note for history buffs. Thomas Jefferson ($2 bill) and Andrew Jackson ($20 bill) both were strenuously opposed to central banks. Jefferson, as Geo. Washington's Sec. of State, lost his fight with Hamilton, who was Sec of Treasury at the time. But, Andrew Jackson put up one hell of a fight and got rid of the central bank during his presidency. "You bankers are a nest of vipers and I will route you out," he said--and did.

Because the Federal Reserve is a central bank, the very type of entity against which they struggled so hard, Jefferson and Jackson being pictured Federal Reserve Notes is a high insult to their memory.

The only good thing about using $2 bills with Jefferson's picture is that ol' TJ was a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and gun rights.

Now That You've Embarrassed Yourself

Please read the entire section and see if you can identify why.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Intent, like reasonable suspicion, is always within the purview of the trier of fact.

Intent, like reasonable suspicion, is always within the purview of the trier of fact.
    And with every post, Doug, you are in violation of OCDO rules.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by norwisman View Post
    Easy now Dennis, it is nowhere near that bad.
    Perhaps you too, should read them.

I was finally able to get some 2s today at Suntrust's main branch in Johnson City. They had $58 in 2s and I took about at third of them ($20).

I think I'm going to start using 2s from now on, just to be different . They're always crisp and it's better than carrying around a bunch of 1s.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm