• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dulles Expo Gun Show - No OC????

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
You can carry openly, however the gun must be unloaded. In the past they have not checked my gun to see if it was unloaded, they just asked me. They will zip-tie the gun upon entrance. This is a common but silly gun show rule.

ChinChin

Really? There's been that many? I don't think so.

I recall one about 2 years ago. A guy was handling a firearm and put his bugger-picker on the trigger with the typically expected results. Went off just before the doors officially opened at 3PM. The round bounced off the concrete and hit another person in the leg. If there were other ND incidents, I am not aware of them.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yes, I know it has happened. But it is not a frequent event. Negligent discharges are not caused or prevented by gun show policies.

ChinChin

Yes, I know it has happened. But it is not a frequent event. Negligent discharges are not caused or prevented by gun show policies.

Oh no doubt! But the insurance providers for the expo don't want to incur the risk; unless you are an LEO, in which case they'll let you and your 2 hours a year range qualification time carry onto their property [cough] double standard [/cough].

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Studying these incidents is all part of what I do as an instructor. You don't want to know how many times a gun is discharged inside a gun show somewhere.

Trust me on this one.

I will trust you on this one because I trust your knowledge and experience. I just hate when people blame gun show rules for negligent discharges. NDs are caused by careless people, I hope you would agree with me on that.

ChinChin

Buddy of mine got back from the show last night and called to tell me. Yeah. . .they're now serving beer in the expo center. Said he saw multiple people drinking beer and walking around, shopping for guns.

This will do *wonders* for the anti's PR machine. Also pretty much cinches my decision to avoid once and for all the Dulles funshows.

CHILINVLN

Studying these incidents is all part of what I do as an instructor. You don't want to know how many times a gun is discharged inside a gun show somewhere.

Trust me on this one.

This is exactly why the argument exists that not everyone should be carrying a weapon in public. If the ENTIRE public was OC'ing, the same results would occur, especially if it's happening at a Gun Show, where everyone is pro 2A. Just my opinion looking at this from a neutral standpoint.