Thread: Man arrested for partial convenient

Man arrested for partial convenient

There was somewhere I read that a detroit man was arrested because his pistol was considered partialy conceled.

From what I read he was later released. Not sure if any charges were droped or stuck

The officer that arrested him said his holster was conceling his weapon even though all was in plain sight.

I have a Glock 19 that I would like to open carry until my cpl is issued.

Can anyone recommend a holster that may help to avoid that type of confusion by law enforcement. Thanks.

You want state law clarification for the definition of concealed.... in the holster / accessories forum?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Sure. I understand the concealment law. I just need know what type of holster would allow more of my pistol to show rather than cover it up. I wanna open carry witout confusion.
    Last edited by GlockIt; 02-10-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockIt View Post
    Sure. I understand the concealment law. I just need know what type of holster would allow more of my pistol to show rather than cover it up. I wanna open carry witout confusion.
    The man in question was carrying a IWB holster. The prosecutor charged him saying that an IWB holster is concealed and not OC. He plead to a lesser charge and it never went to court. If you don't have a CPL MOC, Inc. recommends you to use an outside the waistband holster.

Hope this helps.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

So however much of the gun is conceald by the holster its self really wouldnt matter, as long as it designed for outside the waistband? Seems like law enforcement could bug you if you were using a bulky holster that was much bigger than the gun holstered.

Banned
    there are plenty of holsters that would conceal the entire gun...even fanny packs are used ....

Quote Originally Posted by GlockIt View Post
    So however much of the gun is conceald by the holster its self really wouldnt matter, as long as it designed for outside the waistband? Seems like law enforcement could bug you if you were using a bulky holster that was much bigger than the gun holstered.
    Regardless of law enforcement, why would you want to use a holster that is too big for the gun? You should use a holster designed specifically for your gun. In order for the gun to be considered open carry, it should be identifiable to the common observer. Here in VA, we have what is called the Virginia Tuck. That is when someone uses a IWB holster but tucks their shirt behind it. The only part of the gun showing is the grip, this is still considered OC in my state. If you want to make sure you are OCing, get a good OWB holster and tuck your shirt in and you'll be good to go. I would also recommend attending an OC gathering on your area to see what other folks are doing and get advice.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."