• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man arrested for partial convenient

GlockIt

There was somewhere I read that a detroit man was arrested because his pistol was considered partialy conceled.

From what I read he was later released. Not sure if any charges were droped or stuck

The officer that arrested him said his holster was conceling his weapon even though all was in plain sight.

I have a Glock 19 that I would like to open carry until my cpl is issued.

Can anyone recommend a holster that may help to avoid that type of confusion by law enforcement. Thanks.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
You want state law clarification for the definition of concealed.... in the holster / accessories forum?

GlockIt

Sure. I understand the concealment law. I just need know what type of holster would allow more of my pistol to show rather than cover it up. I wanna open carry witout confusion.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Sure. I understand the concealment law. I just need know what type of holster would allow more of my pistol to show rather than cover it up. I wanna open carry witout confusion.

The man in question was carrying a IWB holster. The prosecutor charged him saying that an IWB holster is concealed and not OC. He plead to a lesser charge and it never went to court. If you don't have a CPL MOC, Inc. recommends you to use an outside the waistband holster.

Hope this helps.

GlockIt

So however much of the gun is conceald by the holster its self really wouldnt matter, as long as it designed for outside the waistband? Seems like law enforcement could bug you if you were using a bulky holster that was much bigger than the gun holstered.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
So however much of the gun is conceald by the holster its self really wouldnt matter, as long as it designed for outside the waistband? Seems like law enforcement could bug you if you were using a bulky holster that was much bigger than the gun holstered.

Regardless of law enforcement, why would you want to use a holster that is too big for the gun? You should use a holster designed specifically for your gun. In order for the gun to be considered open carry, it should be identifiable to the common observer. Here in VA, we have what is called the Virginia Tuck. That is when someone uses a IWB holster but tucks their shirt behind it. The only part of the gun showing is the grip, this is still considered OC in my state. If you want to make sure you are OCing, get a good OWB holster and tuck your shirt in and you'll be good to go. I would also recommend attending an OC gathering on your area to see what other folks are doing and get advice.