Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a list of local ordinance that ban oc in michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Thats for a prison. But you can't bring a gun into the jail area of a local lock-up. You can have one in the public area of a county jail, unless it's attached to a court and they use that as an excuse to ban firearms from the entire complex.
    Do you know what law prohibits it in a jail?
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by GlockIt View Post
    Im from the eastside of the state, id mainly be ocing in the subburbs just north of eight mile road.

The officers in these cites that border Detroit are very finicky and love to bug anyone for anything they can.
    I have been OCing just north (and south) or 8 mile for 4 and a half years!!! From Novi to Eastpoint on a somewhat daily basis, as far as the 8 Mile corador goes on the North side. I live in Hazel Park. I OC 95%+ of the time in the summer, and about 20% - 25% of the time in the winter. I have only EVER had 1 LEO encounter, and that was OC w/CPL in a PFZ, which turned out with an appologie to me.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Do you know what law prohibits it in a jail?
    Maybe this?
    801.262 Prohibited acts; weapons.Sec. 2.
    (1) Unless authorized by the chief administrator of the jail, a person shall not do either of the following:
    (a) Bring into a jail or a building appurtenant to a jail, or onto the grounds used for jail purposes, for the use or benefit of a prisoner, any weapon or other item that may be used to injure a prisoner or other person, or used to assist a prisoner in escaping from jail.
    (b) Sell or furnish to a prisoner, or dispose of in a manner that allows a prisoner access to the weapon or other item, any weapon or other item which may be used to injure a prisoner or other person, or used to assist a prisoner in escaping from jail.
    (2) Unless authorized by the chief administrator of the jail, a prisoner shall not possess or have under his or her control any weapon or other item that may be used to injure a prisoner or other person, or used to assist a prisoner in escaping from jail.

Special offer - buy a copy of "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" and get a free copy of "Bond of Unseen Blood" Go to http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Alot of good info here, thanks alot guys by reading from this site I have gained alot of insight.
    Last edited by GlockIt; 02-10-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    Id rather look at my ugly Glock than shoot your fancy S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Maybe this?
    801.262 Prohibited acts; weapons.Sec. 2.
    (1) Unless authorized by the chief administrator of the jail, a person shall not do either of the following:
    (a) Bring into a jail or a building appurtenant to a jail, or onto the grounds used for jail purposes, for the use or benefit of a prisoner, any weapon or other item that may be used to injure a prisoner or other person, or used to assist a prisoner in escaping from jail.
    (b) Sell or furnish to a prisoner, or dispose of in a manner that allows a prisoner access to the weapon or other item, any weapon or other item which may be used to injure a prisoner or other person, or used to assist a prisoner in escaping from jail.
    (2) Unless authorized by the chief administrator of the jail, a prisoner shall not possess or have under his or her control any weapon or other item that may be used to injure a prisoner or other person, or used to assist a prisoner in escaping from jail.

I dont think so. Looks like to me that only applies if you have it to give to a prisoner to use.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Im from the eastside of the state, id mainly be ocing in the subburbs just north of eight mile road.

The officers in these cites that border Detroit are very finicky and love to bug anyone for anything they can.
    2 years of OC for me in Roseville/Eastpointe and I only had a couple of consensual LEO interactions due to MWAG calls in summer of 2010. It has been nearly 18 months since the last interaction but I still never leave the house without my recorder. I OC 99% of the time (not counting my new BUG) but I work from home so I don't get out and about like some of the other's that OC over here.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    2 years of OC for me in Roseville/Eastpointe and I only had a couple of consensual LEO interactions due to MWAG calls in summer of 2010. It has been nearly 18 months since the last interaction but I still never leave the house without my recorder. I OC 99% of the time (not counting my new BUG) but I work from home so I don't get out and about like some of the other's that OC over here.
    I would have thought for sure eastpointe would be all over people for oc.

I was once sitting in the parking lot next to burger king eating my food I got from there,
    watching them pull people over on eightmile. As soon as I pulled out of the lot I was promptly
    stoped. The reason, I was parked in a known drug location was ran and let go.
    Id rather look at my ugly Glock than shoot your fancy S&W.

I was once sitting in the parking lot next to burger king eating my food I got from there,
    watching them pull people over on eightmile. As soon as I pulled out of the lot I was promptly
    I think that the current MOC VP lives in Eastpointe. OC is legal, drugs aren't.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

So merely being parked in a known drug location all by itself with no other suspicious indicators is legal reasonable and articulable suspicion of committing a crime that enables police to stop folks?

That is disturbing to me. Very disturbing.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12