Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA official Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term. Washington Times

Herr Heckler Koch

NRA official Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term. Washington Times

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...guns-2nd-term/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Lengell, TWT
    A top official with the National Rifle Association said Friday that President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights and "erase" the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.

While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president's low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was "a "conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep."

Well...this is one gun owner who's not "asleep".
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Interesting story but I don't see obama being quoted there. Only Wayne making a statement. Nothing from obama saying it. Not saying obama will not try it. But seriously. There is no quote from obama saying it. Just someone expressing an opinion.

I'm not discounting the possibility that Obama and his administration might try this, but it seems much more likely the NRA spokesman quoted above is using the boogeyman tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Well...this is one gun owner who's not "asleep".
    +1, I'm wide awake and watching like a hawk.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Yeah, I wish campaigning required evidence and fact checking.

So much misdirection from all of the players...

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.957282,-77.400596
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'm not discounting the possibility that Obama and his administration might try this, but it seems much more likely the NRA spokesman quoted above is using the boogeyman tactic.
    Yeah it is election year. Everyone wants a sound bite. Until I hear it from Obama telling us it is on his agenda it is a non issue. He has not done anything in the last four years to hurt my gun rights. I am not gonna worry until I need too. Fear mongering will come from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'd say it's a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Interesting story but I don't see obama being quoted there. Only Wayne making a statement. Nothing from obama saying it. Not saying obama will not try it. But seriously. There is no quote from obama saying it. Just someone expressing an opinion.
    Obama has said in the past that he is taking an under the radar approach to gun control. So, while I concur with PPM(I'm lazy, sue me) that it's mostly a boogeyman tactic, I do not think that the claim is wholly without merit.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Yeah it is election year. Everyone wants a sound bite. Until I hear it from Obama telling us it is on his agenda it is a non issue. He has not done anything in the last four years to hurt my gun rights. I am not gonna worry until I need too. Fear mongering will come from both sides.
    I disagree, Obama may not have come out directly to attack gun rights. But he has done so indirectly. Can't think of all the examples at the moment, I'll let someone else list them.

Herr Heckler Koch

Good cop - bad cop, who's which?

Gun control is merely control, be it by the right or the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Gun control is merely control, be it by the right or the left.
    I dont care who said what or why.The fact is,this ******* (obama) does indeed want to destroy our 2A. not to mention the rest of our constitution that he swore under oath to uphold and protect. I get so tired of all the Republicans who say hes over his head,doesnt know what hes doing.This scumbag knows exactly what hes doing. If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.

He doesn't want to destroy the 2A, he just wants "sensible gun control."

And personally I view this more as the boogeyman tactics as PPM stated. Not because he wouldn't do it if he could, but because I don't see how he could without the support of Congress; and there flat out isn't the support in Congress for it. I can see him trying to circumvent Congress but I don't think it would be hugely successful and could most likely be easily undone by the next POTUS (not that it wouldn't be painful for us until the damage was undone).

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I dont care who said what or why.The fact is,this ******* (obama) does indeed want to destroy our 2A. not to mention the rest of our constitution that he swore under oath to uphold and protect. I get so tired of all the Republicans who say hes over his head,doesnt know what hes doing.This scumbag knows exactly what hes doing. If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.
    ಠ_ಠ
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Herr Heckler Koch
    Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.
    There is no significant difference between the left wing of the Ruling Class and its right wing. Who do we the Country Class elect that will return us to a Constitutional Republic ruled by laws and not venial men.

For the short term we may not agree with all the laws written and that have gotten us into these dire straits, but with a Constitutional Republic restored we could then begin to right the wrongs.

I will vote Constitution Party.

King Wayne is predictable as clockwork. He says the exact same thing each and every election about whomever the Democratic frontrunner is.

Bit of a boy who cried wolf, if you ask me. But the NRA knows damn well election time is a good time for fundraising.

If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office.
    I heard left-leaning people claim that about Bush, both before his second term and before the end of it.

The claim doesn't wear any better when it's made by right-leaning people.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    There is no significant difference between the left wing of the Ruling Class and its right wing. Who do we the Country Class elect that will return us to a Constitutional Republic ruled by laws and not venial men.
    Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch
    Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch
    Thanks!!!

Um, you're....welcome, you?
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 02-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Sir Wayne is prognosticating once again. He is giving his panic speech; maybe to drive up membership.

Now, do I personally think KO will try to limit purchases, carrying etc; I would say he will take every opportunity, if presented to him, in the second term. KO is good about acting on other peoples recommendation; therefore, he doesn't have a lot of liability if it backfires.

Officially, Mitt Romney has done more to limit gun rights than Obama has at this time.

Either way, I guess I better make sure to vote for the guy who Gun Owners of America give their highest rating to: Ron Paul.

la Pierre is why I will not be renewing my NRA membership this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Officially, Mitt Romney has done more to limit gun rights than Obama has at this time.

Either way, I guess I better make sure to vote for the guy who Gun Owners of America give their highest rating to: Ron Paul.

And if RP doesn't get the nod; who then will you vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Gary Johnson.

Just because he hasn't explicitly stated it doesn't mean it's not on his agenda. I hope my fellow gun enthusiasts, 2A supporters, and constitution lovers on this site don't buy into the bs this president spouts or alludes to. This guy is the absolute worse person we've had sitting in the White House since Carter or FDR.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    I don't understand your question. RP not getting the nod sounds completely illogical since he's obviously the best one for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Gary Johnson.
    Quite possibly. Even if it wasn't Johnson running, if enough people vote for third parties, those parties get more funding and media coverage and debate slots in the future.

I'm trying not to make this into a big presidential race thread, but I'll say this:

Patriot Act, NDAA, TARP, TSA, gun control, gun banning, increased taxes, raised the debt ceiling, etc...

...the non-Paul, non-Johnson candidates have all supported at least two or more of those things.

I mean, I want Obama out of there, but I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for anyone who supports NDAA.

You know what the Oath Keepers call NDAA? "Treason."

How does that joke go...
    "I've decided to vote for the big-government, Patriot Act, NDAA candidate."
    "Great! Now you just need to decide which party."

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    He doesn't want to destroy the 2A, he just wants "sensible gun control."

And personally I view this more as the boogeyman tactics as PPM stated. Not because he wouldn't do it if he could, but because I don't see how he could without the support of Congress; and there flat out isn't the support in Congress for it. I can see him trying to circumvent Congress but I don't think it would be hugely successful and could most likely be easily undone by the next POTUS (not that it wouldn't be painful for us until the damage was undone).
    Well, that's really the point isn't it. The firm belief that the damage will be undone, as if it never happened, if any damage is done.

We are not able to work a problem that does not exist, if it does exist, then we have to catch up. Is it not better to be proactive vs. reactive?

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious. - Sun Tzu
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast