Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: NRA official Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term. Washington Times

  1. #1
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest

    NRA official Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term. Washington Times

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...guns-2nd-term/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Lengell, TWT
    A top official with the National Rifle Association said Friday that President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights and "erase" the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.

    While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president's low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was "a "conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep."

  2. #2
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Well...this is one gun owner who's not "asleep".
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  3. #3
    Regular Member KYKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    328
    Interesting story but I don't see obama being quoted there. Only Wayne making a statement. Nothing from obama saying it. Not saying obama will not try it. But seriously. There is no quote from obama saying it. Just someone expressing an opinion.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    I'm not discounting the possibility that Obama and his administration might try this, but it seems much more likely the NRA spokesman quoted above is using the boogeyman tactic.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Well...this is one gun owner who's not "asleep".
    +1, I'm wide awake and watching like a hawk.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  6. #6
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    375
    Yeah, I wish campaigning required evidence and fact checking.

    So much misdirection from all of the players...


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.957282,-77.400596
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  7. #7
    Regular Member KYKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'm not discounting the possibility that Obama and his administration might try this, but it seems much more likely the NRA spokesman quoted above is using the boogeyman tactic.
    Yeah it is election year. Everyone wants a sound bite. Until I hear it from Obama telling us it is on his agenda it is a non issue. He has not done anything in the last four years to hurt my gun rights. I am not gonna worry until I need too. Fear mongering will come from both sides.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'm not discounting the possibility that Obama and his administration might try this, but it seems much more likely the NRA spokesman quoted above is using the boogeyman tactic.
    I'd say it's a little of both.

    Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Interesting story but I don't see obama being quoted there. Only Wayne making a statement. Nothing from obama saying it. Not saying obama will not try it. But seriously. There is no quote from obama saying it. Just someone expressing an opinion.
    Obama has said in the past that he is taking an under the radar approach to gun control. So, while I concur with PPM(I'm lazy, sue me) that it's mostly a boogeyman tactic, I do not think that the claim is wholly without merit.

    Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Yeah it is election year. Everyone wants a sound bite. Until I hear it from Obama telling us it is on his agenda it is a non issue. He has not done anything in the last four years to hurt my gun rights. I am not gonna worry until I need too. Fear mongering will come from both sides.
    I disagree, Obama may not have come out directly to attack gun rights. But he has done so indirectly. Can't think of all the examples at the moment, I'll let someone else list them.

  9. #9
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest

    Good cop - bad cop, who's which?

    Gun control is merely control, be it by the right or the left.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , , Kernersville NC
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Gun control is merely control, be it by the right or the left.
    I dont care who said what or why.The fact is,this ******* (obama) does indeed want to destroy our 2A. not to mention the rest of our constitution that he swore under oath to uphold and protect. I get so tired of all the Republicans who say hes over his head,doesnt know what hes doing.This scumbag knows exactly what hes doing. If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    He doesn't want to destroy the 2A, he just wants "sensible gun control."

    And personally I view this more as the boogeyman tactics as PPM stated. Not because he wouldn't do it if he could, but because I don't see how he could without the support of Congress; and there flat out isn't the support in Congress for it. I can see him trying to circumvent Congress but I don't think it would be hugely successful and could most likely be easily undone by the next POTUS (not that it wouldn't be painful for us until the damage was undone).

  12. #12
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I dont care who said what or why.The fact is,this ******* (obama) does indeed want to destroy our 2A. not to mention the rest of our constitution that he swore under oath to uphold and protect. I get so tired of all the Republicans who say hes over his head,doesnt know what hes doing.This scumbag knows exactly what hes doing. If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.
    ಠ_ಠ
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  13. #13
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.
    There is no significant difference between the left wing of the Ruling Class and its right wing. Who do we the Country Class elect that will return us to a Constitutional Republic ruled by laws and not venial men.

    For the short term we may not agree with all the laws written and that have gotten us into these dire straits, but with a Constitutional Republic restored we could then begin to right the wrongs.

    I will vote Constitution Party.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    King Wayne is predictable as clockwork. He says the exact same thing each and every election about whomever the Democratic frontrunner is.

    Bit of a boy who cried wolf, if you ask me. But the NRA knows damn well election time is a good time for fundraising.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office.
    I heard left-leaning people claim that about Bush, both before his second term and before the end of it.

    The claim doesn't wear any better when it's made by right-leaning people.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  16. #16
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    There is no significant difference between the left wing of the Ruling Class and its right wing. Who do we the Country Class elect that will return us to a Constitutional Republic ruled by laws and not venial men.
    Thanks!!!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch
    There is no significant difference between the left wing of the Ruling Class and its right wing. Who do we the Country Class elect that will return us to a Constitutional Republic ruled by laws and not venial men.
    Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch
    Thanks!!!

    Um, you're....welcome, you?
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 02-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Sir Wayne is prognosticating once again. He is giving his panic speech; maybe to drive up membership.

    Now, do I personally think KO will try to limit purchases, carrying etc; I would say he will take every opportunity, if presented to him, in the second term. KO is good about acting on other peoples recommendation; therefore, he doesn't have a lot of liability if it backfires.

  19. #19
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Officially, Mitt Romney has done more to limit gun rights than Obama has at this time.

    Either way, I guess I better make sure to vote for the guy who Gun Owners of America give their highest rating to: Ron Paul.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,011
    la Pierre is why I will not be renewing my NRA membership this year.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Officially, Mitt Romney has done more to limit gun rights than Obama has at this time.

    Either way, I guess I better make sure to vote for the guy who Gun Owners of America give their highest rating to: Ron Paul.

    And if RP doesn't get the nod; who then will you vote for?

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    And if RP doesn't get the nod; who then will you vote for?
    Gary Johnson.

  23. #23
    Regular Member .40S&W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    74
    Just because he hasn't explicitly stated it doesn't mean it's not on his agenda. I hope my fellow gun enthusiasts, 2A supporters, and constitution lovers on this site don't buy into the bs this president spouts or alludes to. This guy is the absolute worse person we've had sitting in the White House since Carter or FDR.

  24. #24
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    And if RP doesn't get the nod; who then will you vote for?
    I don't understand your question. RP not getting the nod sounds completely illogical since he's obviously the best one for the job.



    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Gary Johnson.
    Quite possibly. Even if it wasn't Johnson running, if enough people vote for third parties, those parties get more funding and media coverage and debate slots in the future.

    I'm trying not to make this into a big presidential race thread, but I'll say this:

    Patriot Act, NDAA, TARP, TSA, gun control, gun banning, increased taxes, raised the debt ceiling, etc...

    ...the non-Paul, non-Johnson candidates have all supported at least two or more of those things.

    I mean, I want Obama out of there, but I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for anyone who supports NDAA.

    You know what the Oath Keepers call NDAA? "Treason."

    How does that joke go...
    "I've decided to vote for the big-government, Patriot Act, NDAA candidate."
    "Great! Now you just need to decide which party."

  25. #25
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    He doesn't want to destroy the 2A, he just wants "sensible gun control."

    And personally I view this more as the boogeyman tactics as PPM stated. Not because he wouldn't do it if he could, but because I don't see how he could without the support of Congress; and there flat out isn't the support in Congress for it. I can see him trying to circumvent Congress but I don't think it would be hugely successful and could most likely be easily undone by the next POTUS (not that it wouldn't be painful for us until the damage was undone).
    Well, that's really the point isn't it. The firm belief that the damage will be undone, as if it never happened, if any damage is done.

    We are not able to work a problem that does not exist, if it does exist, then we have to catch up. Is it not better to be proactive vs. reactive?

    He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious. - Sun Tzu
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •