• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Misdemeanor charge and OC?

HereInLA

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and was not able to find this info elsewhere. In June of 2010 I was charged with possession of marijuana in TN, I wont try to justify it, I am young and made a stupid mistake (recently graduated from university). The charges were dismissed and I took some additional steps to have my record expunged in TN. I wanted to know what effect this will have on me possessing and OC a handgun. From what I have gathered it should not have much of an effect on possessing one, but I am more unclear of the effect on OC? Does this charge qualify me as a "drug addict" or have any other effect on my legal status that could prevent me from legally OC? Let me know what you think

aadvark

HereInLA:

If Your Charges were Dismissed under Tennessee Law, then, that Indicates that The Arrest did NOT Result in a Conviction.

As a Result, You are NOT Prohibited under Federal Law or Louisiana Law.

aadvark

Last edited: