• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCer in the news. Not good. His 4 year old shot, critical. Virginia Beach

paramedic70002

http://www.wvec.com/my-city/vabeach/4-year-old-remains-in-critical-condition-Beach-father-charged-with-neglect-139087079.html

This link is from the evening news. Tonight at 11, they additionally interviewed a neighbor who said she frequently sees him outside OCing. That new video will probably be up soon.

That's bad PR but the real tragedy is the 4 year old somehow (the police aren't saying) got "accidentally" shot in the "hip area" with a .40 S&W bullet. Mr. Pierce has not yet had a bond hearing for his felony child neglect charge, so cannot be with his child.

I suspect that since it is a neglect charge, he put the firearm somewhere the child could access it. One small mistake became one big mistake, and completely preventable.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Bad link. Try this LINK.

Not a lot to go on. I would have to see some more information before really commenting on the story.

Glockster

The tragedy of the shooting not withstanding, interesting that the neighbor made a point of saying that she'd seen him OC'ing while "just" washing his car in front of his own house. Said in a way to suggest a "what's up with that" view of having your gun available in your own yard. Certainly a tragedy and hope his son will be alright, and definitely will be jet fuel for the antis.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
There isn't enough to comment on yet except that it's tragic for the child.
I'm sure Lori and the boys scooped up a cup of blood from the street, to take to Saslaw.

MilProGuy

How truly tragic this is for the precious, innocent little child.

Adults have to be the responsible people in the household.

Glockster

He was released on a $25k bond yesterday awaiting trial with the provisions including remaining away from wife/child, receiving psych treatment, and....(drum roll) forfeit of his CHP (VA Pilot made a point of making sure that was in the article).