• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas State Rifle Association? KSRA?

DWCook

Activist Member
Anyone here an NRA member and got letters mailed to them about being asked to join the KSRA? Just wondering as I received mail recently with the information on them. Not really sure if its even worth joining the organization at all. I'm all for supporting causes, but not sure if it would be necessary to join the KSRA.

sha-ul

I would strongly recommend joining& supporting the KSRA, if for no other reason than they are doing the work in Topeka that no one else is.
The NRA is mostly MIA for state level issues, leaving it up to the state affiliates to bridge the gap.
That being said, this is also a very good way to make our points of view know on open carry, and this is our chance to have an advocate to lobby for those interests in Topeka.
price wise& membership is quite reasonable, Value wise, the dues are awesome. partly because that the KSRA only has 1 paid employee, the secretary processing the membership info.
Membership Levels:

INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIPS

ANNUAL 1 YEAR INDIVIDUAL $20.00
ANNUAL 3 YEAR INDIVIDUAL $50.00
ANNUAL 1 YEAR JUNIOR $7.00 (for youth under 21)
ANNUAL 1 YEAR FAMILY $30.00
LIFE $350.00
PATRON LIFE $500.00 (Must Already Be Fully Paid Life Member)
ENDOWMENT LIFE $750.00 (Must Already Be Patron Life Member)
BENEFACTOR LIFE $1000.00 (Must Already Be Endowment Life Member)

CLUB MEMBERSHIPS

ANNUAL 1 YEAR CLUB $ 50.00
JUNIOR ANNUAL 1 YEAR CLUB $ 15.00

INDUSTRY SUPPORT

1 YEAR ANNUAL BUSINESS ALLIANCE $1000.00
The lobbyists, like Patricia Stoneking are volunteers, they have several others that work on second amendment issues on the county& city levels.
If you are of the mind to join, you could use a similar approach to what I did, I used part of my tax return to pay for a life membership for several 2a groups, like the Second amendment foundation SAF.ORG and the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. JPFo_Org, and the KSRA I try to support those groups who are not just engaged in preserving our right, but those who are doing so vigorously. And I urge others to do so as well.

Damiansar-15

$$$

I would throw some money their way, if they promoted open carry rights as vigorously as implementing/promoting concealed carry privileged legislation/actions. I think most all pro-gun folks are good people, but it rubs me the wrong way when these same "pro-gun rights" individuals seem to want to regulate how I choose to defend myself. I also think many concealed-carry only individuals practice crony capitalism, since their businesses make more money with CHLs in place, e.g. carry classes, training, range fees, etc... than if citizens are truly free to carry how they want, e.g. license or not. Some of the views I have seen on the Kansas Concealed Carry site seem worse than Brady campaign rhetoric, since these folks are supposed to be pro-gun.

Last edited:

DWCook

Activist Member
Know one is perfect and I understand your opinion and view on this. My personal opinion; I think doing what you can do is better than not providing some kind of support for gun rights. Now me stating this does not mean I think I'm right and your wrong, that is just how I feel. Also considering since its an official Kansas organization, I feel its right for me to support them.

sha-ul

I would throw some money their way, if they promoted open carry rights as vigorously as implementing/promoting concealed carry privileged legislation/actions. I think most all pro-gun folks are good people, but it rubs me the wrong way when these same "pro-gun rights" individuals seem to want to regulate how I choose to defend myself. I also think many concealed-carry only individuals practice crony capitalism, since their businesses make more money with CHLs in place, e.g. carry classes, training, range fees, etc... than if citizens are truly free to carry how they want, e.g. license or not. Some of the views I have seen on the Kansas Concealed Carry site seem worse than Brady campaign rhetoric, since these folks are supposed to be pro-gun.

I had a visit with Patricia Stoneking on the open carry issue a year or so back via email, she is supportive of OC, but was trying to lay the ground work to get there. in a related thread Marine300 posted a letter from the KSRA
KSRAPressReleaseSupportOC_0001.jpg
and it appears to confirm this line of action.

eskewei

Police detained me my friend and my fiancee, AND my rifle today

hey guys, i got my rifle detained by the anderson county sherrif dept. and i think they said my rifle will be either at the D.As office for investigation, i asked the officer for what investigation and he said it was because i was on some elses property shooting my rifle illegallly, the land i was on had to gates and no "NO TRESPASSING" signs, i was 200 yards from a road and shooting at a backstop, how can i re-attain my rifle?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
hey guys, i got my rifle detained by the anderson county sherrif dept. and i think they said my rifle will be either at the D.As office for investigation, i asked the officer for what investigation and he said it was because i was on some elses property shooting my rifle illegallly, the land i was on had to gates and no "NO TRESPASSING" signs, i was 200 yards from a road and shooting at a backstop, how can i re-attain my rifle?

Was it your property? Did it belong to someone you know or a stranger? Why were you on property that did not belong to you? From this and you other thread it seems like you were trespassing and shooting where you shouldn't have been and got caught.

Last edited:

marine0300

eskewei,

Thank you for posting your story. There are disturbing parts or your story dealing with the Anderson County Sheriff’s department.

But the fact remains you just went to an open field you didn’t own or didn’t belong to a someone you know. If you were on my property shooting without permission I would have called the Sheriff too.

Please remember this for next time you got really lucky you didn't get in trouble. Just some friendly advice, find the local shooting range and join or find a friend who lives in the country. If I am not mistaken there is a gun range in Garnett.

For what you have said I don’t believe race played a factor at all.

If I have missed something please update this thread so I can reevaluate my assessment.

No one fights for gun rights more than me and if I thought you were in the right I would have had a lawyer contact Anderson County Sherriff’s office.

Respectfully,

Marine0300

Last edited: