Thread: Notre Dame Carry

Notre Dame Carry

I might be in South Bend this upcoming weekend and was wondering if colleges had the power to create ordinances making it a crime to carry there. I saw on their website that they prohbit weapons on campus but it said it only applied to staff, students, administration. http://hr.nd.edu/nd-faculty-staff/fo...other-weapons/ Is there any law that would prohibit me from carrying on their campus. I will be in the area refereeing hockey and will not be OCing to any of the rinks.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Nope, and there's a bill in the legislature this year to keep state universities from making rules against guns for students as well.

You may carry legally on ND campus. (trespassing, etc., applies if you are asked to leave and refuse to do so.)
    Indiana law does not differentiate between open and concealed carry.

Indiana weapon statutes: http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar47/

Quote Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post
    Nope, and there's a bill in the legislature this year to keep state universities from making rules against guns for students as well.

You may carry legally on ND campus. (trespassing, etc., applies if you are asked to leave and refuse to do so.)
    Ok thanks thats what I thought but just figured I'd be sure.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436