Thread: Kisatchie OC

Kisatchie OC

Going on a hike soon to Kisatchie National Forest and of course I am going to take my .40 S&W. But what are the laws of OC at a national forest? I've tried googling, etc. but that is tiresome. Any help from the trusted experts would be awesome so we can enjoy our hike in peace...

Quote Originally Posted by dlg3901 View Post
    Going on a hike soon to Kisatchie National Forest and of course I am going to take my .40 S&W. But what are the laws of OC at a national forest? I've tried googling, etc. but that is tiresome. Any help from the trusted experts would be awesome so we can enjoy our hike in peace...

I caint answer your question, but I will suggest you also post your question at---> http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/portal.php

National forests fall under the U.S. Forest Service (Department of Agriculture), unlike national parks (Department of the Interior) or U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Department of Defense). The Forest Service assimilates the gun laws of whatever state they're located in.

In other words, the OC rules in Kisatchie National Forest are the same as they are anywhere else in Louisiana. "Federal facilities", meaning buildings or portions of buildings where federal employees work, are off limits. If any of the waterways or lakes there are controlled by the Corps of Engineers, then their rules apply for that property.