Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights !!!!!!

President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights !!!!!!

I'm not a supporter of Mr. Obama but I'm sure we have members on this forum that are. Please respect the office of the President if you care to respond.

A top official with the National Rifle Association said Friday that President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights and "erase" the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...guns-2nd-term/
    Last edited by jonjon_jon; 02-11-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    "Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought."

- Pope John Paul II

I'm not surprised.

I hope the fast and furious scandal is brought up to be used against him in this election year. How Eric Holder has not at the very least been fired is beyond me.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

The President, whom ever it may be, can not just wave a majic wand and decree what ever he may want. If any body is culpable its congress. laws only end up on the presidents desk to be signed after the senate and congress agree on its contents, which we all know is virtually impossible today.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post
    The President, whom ever it may be, can not just wave a majic wand and decree what ever he may want. If any body is culpable its congress. laws only end up on the presidents desk to be signed after the senate and congress agree on its contents, which we all know is virtually impossible today.
    All I have to say is NDAA... also, who appoints supreme court justices? Exactly.

The supreme court does not legislate, it rules on legislation as to weather its consitiutional or not. Thats how its supposed to work anyway. All I am saying its pay attention to who is elected by your state to the senate and congress. It starts there.
    Last edited by Ken56; 02-12-2012 at 07:57 AM.

The NRA has never been an organization to use hyperbole to fire up the membership and spur recruiting have they? <sarcasm>

That's why I'm on their "don't call" list.

Having said that though, a second Obama term certainly won't be good for pro-rights supporters. I'm definitely worried about the possibility that he'll have an opportunity to radically change the makeup of the Supreme Court if he gets four more years. A shift there could undo two decades of 2A gains through anti-gun opinions coming out of the court. Stealth mode indeed.
    Last edited by 1911 Enthusiast; 02-12-2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Typo

I thought we already had this "scare"? Around the time when he was sworn in, I remember hearing about it and that weapon sales had increased, munitions prices had increased, etc. Apparently it was just businesses trying to increase profits?

A top official with the National Rifle Association said Friday that President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights and "erase" the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.
    Does anyone have a sound bite, video, or other that is directly from Obama confirming this? Or is this all just rhetoric from the NRA?
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    I thought we already had this "scare"? Around the time when he was sworn in, I remember hearing about it and that weapon sales had increased, munitions prices had increased, etc. Apparently it was just businesses trying to increase profits?

Does anyone have a sound bite, video, or other that is directly from Obama confirming this? Or is this all just rhetoric from the NRA?
    With a two term limit on POTUS, he doesn't really need to make anyone happy if he gets elected to another 4. So the thinking is that he left firearms owners alone for the most part his first four, but his next 4 we will not be so lucky. Also, look at his voting record.
    Last edited by shanebelanger; 02-12-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    With a two term limit on POTUS, he doesn't really need to make anyone happy if he gets elected to another 4. So the thinking is that he left firearms owners alone for the most part his first four, but his next 4 we will not be so lucky. Also, look at his voting record.
    I went to http://www.gunbanobama.com/Default.a...6-892463d99f08 and specifically looked at:

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9
    Their source is: http://www.volokh.com/posts/1203389334.shtml which states the source is Chicago Defender Dec 1999.

Chicago Defender's archives search for Obama, earliest article is 2008. http://www.chicagodefender.com/searc...22&section_id=

If the first "fact" I try to check seems bogus, then I'm a bit weary.

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2
    Source is stated as: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9269.html which has a PDF of the questionaire where Obama allegedly says "Yes" to a complete ban of handguns. (PDF @ http://www.politico.com/static/PPM41...tionaire2.html ). It's funny that the questions about the handguns are terribly difficult to read.

I'd go through all of them but, I've been up all night and the sun makes my brain stop working lol. Is there another website with different/more information that I'm missing?
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

Accomplished Advocate
    I went to http://www.gunbanobama.com/Default.a...6-892463d99f08 and specifically looked at:

Their source is: http://www.volokh.com/posts/1203389334.shtml which states the source is Chicago Defender Dec 1999.

Chicago Defender's archives search for Obama, earliest article is 2008. http://www.chicagodefender.com/searc...22&section_id=

If the first "fact" I try to check seems bogus, then I'm a bit weary.

Source is stated as: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9269.html which has a PDF of the questionaire where Obama allegedly says "Yes" to a complete ban of handguns. (PDF @ http://www.politico.com/static/PPM41...tionaire2.html ). It's funny that the questions about the handguns are terribly difficult to read.

I'd go through all of them but, I've been up all night and the sun makes my brain stop working lol. Is there another website with different/more information that I'm missing?
    I think that the premise of searching for things the NRA says is where your straying from the path. Your taking a biased news? (eh not really news) source and trying to find credibility in them.

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_control.htm <-- seems to be fairly well cited, granted it was just a quick google search as I have to run to work!

The Constitution affirms rights that you have, it does not give you rights.
    You were born with natural rights and the Federal Corporation has no
    legal authority to take them.....so when they come for my guns.....
    I will use my authority from the Founding Fathers and exercise my Rights.
    Life is tough, its tougher when your stupid.

http://www.itsnotthelaw.com

Feds: U.C.C. 1-308, State: U.C.C. 1-207, Both: U.C.C. 1-103.6

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    I think that the premise of searching for things the NRA says is where your straying from the path. Your taking a biased news? (eh not really news) source and trying to find credibility in them.

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_control.htm <-- seems to be fairly well cited, granted it was just a quick google search as I have to run to work!
    Well, I tend to try to read all sources of news instead of just believing one website over another, one news channel over another, etc. And, like I said, I had been up all night and the sun makes my brain stop working. I guess it doesn't run on solar energy lol.

Thank you for the other link. I'll get around to it when I've had my daily intake of caffeine.

No Obama just failed, his biggest known attempt was fast and furious. Another attack was ordering spent cartridges destroyed instead of surplussed. Don't forget the illegal long arm registration in the boarder states.

Just because it is not a bill saying everyone must turn in all firearms doesn't mean he's not attacking the right.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Did anyone else hear that Mayor Bloomberg delivered a list of possible Executive Orders that could limit "gun rights" to President Obama? I may have heard it on Cam & Company on the Patriot Channel. I haven't been able to verify it elsewhere.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I hope the fast and furious scandal is brought up to be used against him in this election year. How Eric Holder has not at the very least been fired is beyond me.
    I believe Holder hasn't been fired because the president fully supports all of his actions and believes the Fast and Furious operation was entirely appropriate, if only to pump up the numbers of US guns found in Mexico to provide cover for more onerous gun control in the US. The fact that Americans, including at least one American law enforcement officer, have been killed with Fast and Furious guns is simply unfortunate collateral damage that has cast an unfavorable light on an otherwise well conceived and clever scheme to attack the second amendment. The further fact that US laws were seriously broken by BATFE in order to execute Fast and Furious is simply another inconvenient thing to be glossed over and ultimately ignored by the "ends justifies the means" crowd that's currently in charge.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    No Obama just failed, his biggest known attempt was fast and furious. Another attack was ordering spent cartridges destroyed instead of surplussed. Don't forget the illegal long arm registration in the boarder states.

Just because it is not a bill saying everyone must turn in all firearms doesn't mean he's not attacking the right.
    Fast and Furious began under President Bush just fyi. This is much larger than we all realize.

Well, if the NRA says it, it must be true, since their exempt from citations and stuff. After-all, tis better to trust everything they tell us, than to trust everything the government says, right?

./sarcasm
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Well, if the NRA says it, it must be true, since their exempt from citations and stuff. After-all, tis better to trust everything they tell us, than to trust everything the government says, right?

./sarcasm
    When questioned they do back up their claims, at least to irate members.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

I'd trust the NRA over the current administration. The inmates are running the asylum in the big house. At least I know where the NRA stands.

This an so many other nation/freedom destroying plans were clearly spoken by Obama during his first campaign, but not enough people listened. Too many drank the cool aid, and know this illegal alien has the country suffering for it, and seeks an additional four years to complete the teardown.
    Some men destroy companies, some men destroy nations, these men are the same, both finding personal gain and reward in their actions.

Fud

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Fud
    What's that?

Accomplished Advocate
    fear uncertainty and doubt

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    What's that?
    Elmer's last name. I think it's Fudd though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast