Thread: Cards for Posted Busiensses - Looking for Honest and Balanced Feedback

Cards for Posted Busiensses - Looking for Honest and Balanced Feedback

I want to have a few cards made up that I can carry for giving to businesses that post "no weapons" signs. Looking for feedback on my first attempt. I'm thick skinned, so don't hold back! Thanks in advance!

Draft #1 FRONT
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cclbiz1 front.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	7943

Draft #1 REAR

Name:	cclbiz1 rear.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	7944

Typo--Should say "Cards for Posted *Businesses*"

Sorry. Maybe an administrator can fix that?

protias already has some no guns = no money cards, or can tell you where to get the ones he was giving away.

For your design, I don't think linking to the TSA is a good idea.
    I'd simply point out that criminals ignore laws, so why would a sign [with a max. $1000 fine] bother them if they're intending to rob & murder,
    and also point out that a store that does NOT post has immunity from liability (include the statute reference).

But hey, I and my friends will respect your wishes that we - lawfully-armed citizens who are the proven "good guys" - not spend money in your store.

3 simple messages that maybe even an anti-rights person can understand.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 02-12-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I have the No Guns = No Money cards, but I really need to stop being lazy and send the ones out I promised I was going to do 6 months ago...

You can also use the design from here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ights-%28v2%29
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I am a firm believer in the KISS principle...Keep it simple s.....

If you want to design a new "no guns-no money" type card, you need to make it one that can be read and understood in one glance

You might consider a visual on one side, like, the gun in a circle with a slash, and large bold "=" and then a large $ in a circle with a slash.

On the back side you could say something like: "If a law abiding citizen cannot carry for their own, and your, security here, then only criminals will"

That might even be too much....Keep it Simple

We have a pretty simple one in VA. It catches the attention and takes only about 5-10 seconds to read.

"When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    We have a pretty simple one in VA. It catches the attention and takes only about 5-10 seconds to read.

I have to agree with this, keep it clean, simple, quick and easy to read at a glance.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by BBlock View Post
    I want to have a few cards made up that I can carry for giving to businesses that post "no weapons" signs. Looking for feedback on my first attempt. I'm thick skinned, so don't hold back! Thanks in advance!

Draft #1 FRONT

Name:	cclbiz1 front.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	7943

Draft #1 REAR

Name:	cclbiz1 rear.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	7944
    I myself like the 2nd one. Time to upgrade, Would you mine if i print an use it ?

Quote Originally Posted by range rat View Post
    I myself like the 2nd one. Time to upgrade, Would you mine if i print an use it ?
    Feel free to use it. I was thinking my cards would be two sided, because a picture is worth 1000 words.

I appreciate all of the feedback. I will work on updating mine when I have some more free time. I think it makes sense to have many different versions out there, even though the messages are very similar. If a business owner received many copies of the same card they might think it is only one person responsible. If a business owner received multiple different cards with similar messages, they might start to take the potential impact on business a little more seriously.
    Last edited by BBlock; 02-12-2012 at 09:06 PM.

I don't think it matters how the message is delivered, as long as it gets there.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?