• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy Folks!!

Greg T

Just want to introduce myself. Just got my CPL and have purchased my gun of choice so I figured I should hang with the rest of the smart people in Michigan!!

Greg T

Lol, i agree. Questons?

None that I can think of at the moment. I'm still souring the forums for info and enjoying the posts. I'm still a bit sketchy on exactly where not to carry, but I do have a laminated card in my wallet from the class so it won't take me long to get acquainted with the carry free zones.

On edit: Yes, one question. Where do you enter a signature????

Last edited:

cmdr_iceman71

Welcome!

Might I humbly suggest that you carry a voice recorder and a trifold on your persons at all times just in case you run into a LEO who isnt up to speed on the firearm laws of this state.

Greg T

go to the top of the page, click "settings" then go to the left of that page. You'll see it.

carry free zones with a CPL. MCL 28.425o

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(w3...eg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-28-425o

BTW, you can OC with a CPL in the gun free zones here.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(w3...g.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-234d

Thanx for the info, but at the left of the page in the settings feature I can edit avatar, profile, blah blah blah, but nowhere is there a sig.

Im waiting on my cpl was wondering what county you applied in and how long it took?

Delta county 21 days. The gun board meets once per month so it's possiblt for the process to take much longer. I was lucky and finished the class 3 weeks before the board meeting.

P.S. Thanx for the welcomes!

B

Bikenut

Welcome Greg...

May I very strongly!!! suggest NOT open carrying until you are up to speed on all the laws and how those laws interact.

Folks here will try their best to answer any questions, and will provide cites and/or links to any laws mentioned for you to read the actual law itself, because...

Even the smallest screw up could have devastating consequences.... like prison and the loss of the ability to own/carry a gun for life.

No one here wants that to happen to anyone.

Greg T

Welcome Greg...

May I very strongly!!! suggest NOT open carrying until you are up to speed on all the laws and how those laws interact.

Folks here will try their best to answer any questions, and will provide cites and/or links to any laws mentioned for you to read the actual law itself, because...

Even the smallest screw up could have devastating consequences.... like prison and the loss of the ability to own/carry a gun for life.

No one here wants that to happen to anyone.

I agree fully. I don't plan to OC that often since I do have a cpl, but now and then on the really hot days I may not want to gun or holster rubbing my skin. I may carry it in a grocery store or while fueling the car, etc. I have no plans to OC on school grounds, court houses, hospitals, etc. Hopefuly, I'll have no reason to frequent these places. ;)

stainless1911

Banned
Should look like this :

[h=2]Maybe theres a minimum post requirement?? PM the admin, ask them.

My Settings[/h]

Greg T

Nope. This is what I have:

My Settings

My Profile

Edit Profile

Edit Profile Picture

Edit Avatar

Profile Privacy

My Account

Edit Email & Password

General Settings

Edit Connections

Edit Ignore List

Networking

Friends & Contacts

Event Reminders

Miscellaneous

Attachments

Blog

Greg T

Thanx. I sent a PM. Also, is there a way to make this site remember my username and password? I've gotta sign in every time I stop in.

stainless1911

Banned
Yes, when you enter your username, and password, click on the little box that says "remember me", when the checkmark appears, just login. It will remember you next time. Someties your computer will ask you if you want it to remember your info for this site, check yes.

Greg T

Ahhhh, yes. Now I see it. It was being covered by Tim Donner's ad banner! Thanx again!