• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fight

sawah

I sometimes wonder if people don't have a need to de-stress if they're slighted and perhaps wronged and they come to various forums and post their Walter Mitty fantasies. It's OK, as it give us a chance to exercise our Occam's Razors and such.

The story, while amusing didn't really pass the giggle test (when I told my friend I couldn't do it without stopping to laugh). We were pretty fair to the guy.

CaptainFinn

I guess I missed something good?

As near as I can recall, here are the highlights of Jiceman's OP.

1. JIceman and his girlfriend are in the Hamilton OH burger king. JIceman is OC-ing an unnamed .45 acp pistol.
2. A woman asks if OC is legal in Ohio and JIceman writes down the web address for Opencarry.org. He gives to woman and she leaves.
3. JIceman proceeds with his girlfriend over to the soda fountain to fill his drink. Two men come up behind him and one attempts to tug JIceman's gun from it's holster. The man loudly accuses JIceman of giving his phone # to the woman who just left.
4. JIceman spins and uses a 'Savate Martial Arts move' to knock the man away from him.
5. The 1st man pulls a knife. JIceman draws his .45 and shoots the man twice, once in each thigh, breaking both of the man's femurs.
6. The 2nd man tries to attack but JIceman's girlfriend shoots him with a 'police issue taser' and drops the man to the floor.
7. Police arrive and after determining it was a justifiable shoot, give JIceman the gun back and let him leave the restaurant and go on his way.
8. JIceman adds that the gun belongs to his GF's father, a Cincinnati narcotics detective, as does the taser. They both had permission from the father to carry the weapons.

kemo

I wonder if he is a screenwriter because thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Sounds like some cheesy movie seen.
\

09jisaac

I like it. It seems very plausible as a similar situation happened to me once. I walked into BK ordered my food and sat down to eat. Finished my meal and then left.

If I would have had some femur shots in their it would have been mostly the same story as OPs.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
As near as I can recall, here are the highlights of Jiceman's OP...7. Police arrive and after determining it was a justifiable shoot, give JIceman the gun back and let him leave the restaurant and go on his way...
WRONG. Not that it really matters since the post has been redacted, but... the police don't decide if it's a justifiable shoot - the prosecutor/grand jury does.

Last edited:

half_life1052

No, no, no, I train to shoot the knife out of the guy's hand while simultaneously subduing him with a roundhouse kick to the face.
Me too! I keep getting it wrong though. I keep messing up and hitting the center of the target instead of the knife. My foot hasn't been any higher than my waist in so many years I think it has forgotten how:lol:

MyWifeSaidYes

That was a shadow? I thought it was an eclipse!

Anyone hungry for Burger King? I borrowed my mother-in-law's bazooka she keeps in her CIA bunker in her back yard. My wife, who is a ninja, loaned me a couple of french fry seeking missiles. I hope they don't kick me out for open carry.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That was a shadow? I thought it was an eclipse!

Anyone hungry for Burger King? I borrowed my mother-in-law's bazooka she keeps in her CIA bunker in her back yard. My wife, who is a ninja, loaned me a couple of french fry seeking missiles. I hope they don't kick me out for open carry.

Never, never attempt to carry french fries without a holster. They should remain in their holster until until actually needed :p